BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

6 hours ago, rackcs said:

Hey man, shut your mouth. I want to finally actually take one of the good players Maryland puts out. I regret greatly talking myself out of taking Diggs because of injuries back in the day. Watching him every week bailing out **** QBs, I knew he'd be good. Just didn't know if he'd hold up. How wrong I was.

https://usatodayhss.com/2019/nick-cross-flips-fsu-to-maryland-football

Long story short, he wanted to sign with Florida State but his parents didn’t want him to leave Maryland. Because he was 17 years old on signing day, his parents had to approve his LOI and thus he flipped to Maryland.

I am thrilled to see he’s made it to the NFL. Him, Charles Cross, Sam Howell, & Kayvon Thibodeaux all strongly considered FSU before going their various ways.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

My students guess my age between 20 and 40. Moral of the story:

Kids are funny

My kids always guess I'm in my 40s but I'm only 27. I think it's the beard. 

Speaking of my students, one of them brought a loaded 9 mm handgun to school today. Luckily he got caught before anything happened. And two strangers were wondering around campus for at least half an hour before anyone even noticed. Love my school, feel super safe.

8 minutes ago, MD4L said:

https://usatodayhss.com/2019/nick-cross-flips-fsu-to-maryland-football

Long story short, he wanted to sign with Florida State but his parents didn’t want him to leave Maryland. Because he was 17 years old on signing day, his parents had to approve his LOI and thus he flipped to Maryland.

I am thrilled to see he’s made it to the NFL. Him, Charles Cross, Sam Howell, & Kayvon Thibodeaux all strongly considered FSU before going their various ways.

Yeah, I remember that flip. I was super pumped to get him. I think that was the same year we signed Legendre? Had me excited about Maryland's future for a minute before I realized we were Maryland.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Yeah, I remember that flip. I was super pumped to get him. I think that was the same year we signed Legendre? Had me excited about Maryland's future for a minute before I realized we were Maryland.

When I realize he not only won't drop because of Maryland,   but might rise even higher.

Sad Tears GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, rackcs said:

My kids always guess I'm in my 40s but I'm only 27. I think it's the beard. 

Speaking of my students, one of them brought a loaded 9 mm handgun to school today. Luckily he got caught before anything happened. And two strangers were wondering around campus for at least half an hour before anyone even noticed. Love my school, feel super safe.

29 minutes ago, MD4L said:

“Why are educators leaving the profession????”

• Like 1

You guys ever play NCAA 12 and you have two QB's who are 99's but they're boring 6'2 185 lb dudes with no legs but you got one guy who isn't as good and he's got a cool name like Bubba Jackson and he's 230 lbs and can run a little and every game you just wanna play him instead?

Just me?

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Jlash said:

You guys ever play NCAA 12 and you have two QB's who are 99's but they're boring 6'2 185 lb dudes with no legs but you got one guy who isn't as good and he's got a cool name like Bubba Jackson and he's 230 lbs and can run a little and every game you just wanna play him instead?

Just me?

Nope not just you

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Just me?

There’s specific QBs that always have the same measurable and strong arms that are Lefties. 6’4 230ish. Those are who I recruit but there is one probably every five classes on average