BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

10 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

This is in ncaa 10 though 

The only real recruiting pattern in players for 12 is that TE and DE's are flat out awful in HS. Like legit bums. Often the #1 TE will be a 2 star player. The top DE will be 6'2 230 lbs with 66 speed. Awful.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Jlash said:

You guys ever play NCAA 12 and you have two QB's who are 99's but they're boring 6'2 185 lb dudes with no legs but you got one guy who isn't as good and he's got a cool name like Bubba Jackson and he's 230 lbs and can run a little and every game you just wanna play him instead?

Just me?

I judge people who don’t implement this, which is also probably why every throwing metric on every video game is broken. Tbh they should absolutely have always had the equivalent of a 2K shot meter for quarterbacks.

Guys with better accuracy IRL have a wider green and yellow zone which equates to some level of skill as opposed to every single pass being a perfect throw and let’s hope that the defender makes a play on the ball or the receiver drops it.

4 minutes ago, Jlash said:

The only real recruiting pattern in players for 12 is that TE and DE's are flat out awful in HS. Like legit bums. Often the #1 TE will be a 2 star player. The top DE will be 6'2 230 lbs with 66 speed. Awful.

Pro tip: 

Recruit outside linebackers and change their position to DE. It will vault them 10+ points…I’ve exposed this glitch many a time.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Pro tip: 

Recruit outside linebackers and change their position to DE. It will vault them 10+ points…I’ve exposed this glitch many a time.

That's a good idea. My problem is the LB's in this game run very small too. I'll have lots of 6'1 215 lbs DE's. Bunch of skrimps out there.

36 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I miss having an NCAA game and then importing the draft classes to Madden…..

I miss when Madden had the college All-Star game, so you could get a feel for some star player.

I also miss when Madden used to actually be good. Have we covered this recently? Lol

Edited by RTTRUTH
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

I also miss when Madden used to actually be good. Have we covered this recently?

I definitely have. It's the only reason I have a PS2, is because I HATED the gameplay of the next gen games. Everyone was the same size, and moved like they were on ice. It was trash.

The gameplay on the ps2 is so much smoother and responsive. The players are all proportionate, they have different faces that don't look like they all have the jawline from the Batman cartoons.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

You guys ever play NCAA 12 and you have two QB's who are 99's but they're boring 6'2 185 lb dudes with no legs but you got one guy who isn't as good and he's got a cool name like Bubba Jackson and he's 230 lbs and can run a little and every game you just wanna play him instead?

Just me?

I remember one year in college I had an online league going with several people from here, had a 5'10" insanely accurate QB take over and dominate from his freshman year, think Russell Wilson but 90+ (or at least played that way).

Had a few other fun players, two most notable come to mind:

A single player campaign where I was Cincinnati and it was the year they came out with that whole 'jump the snap' concept by pressing the button right at the snap... my 5'10" DE finished with 58 sacks on the year, really reminded me of Dwight Freeney.

I also recruited a 6'7" behemouth of an outside linebacker for an online league as VT, I played him at 3-4 OLB as well as 4-3 OLB, NO ONE could throw over him in a zone but he was a beast pass rusher as well, can't remember his name but remember his legacy.

Miss the old NCAA days, those online leagues with folks from FF were more fun than the Madden ones IMO, since every game on the college schedule meant more at the time. Nowadays with the College Football Playoff, it'd make those leagues even more fun fighting for a slot at the end.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I remember one year in college I had an online league going with several people from here, had a 5'10" insanely accurate QB take over and dominate from his freshman year, think Russell Wilson but 90+ (or at least played that way).

Had a few other fun players, two most notable come to mind:

A single player campaign where I was Cincinnati and it was the year they came out with that whole 'jump the snap' concept by pressing the button right at the snap... my 5'10" DE finished with 58 sacks on the year, really reminded me of Dwight Freeney.

I also recruited a 6'7" behemouth of an outside linebacker for an online league as VT, I played him at 3-4 OLB as well as 4-3 OLB, NO ONE could throw over him in a zone but he was a beast pass rusher as well, can't remember his name but remember his legacy.

Miss the old NCAA days, those online leagues with folks from FF were more fun than the Madden ones IMO, since every game on the college schedule meant more at the time. Nowadays with the College Football Playoff, it'd make those leagues even more fun fighting for a slot at the end.

hahah that's incredible.

One of the years, 08 or 09 maybe there was a glitch where every so often you'd see a freak WR who was like 6'10. One year, playing as Ole Miss I landed TWO 6'10 WR's who could flyyyyyy. It was hilarious. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

hahah that's incredible.

One of the years, 08 or 09 maybe there was a glitch where every so often you'd see a freak WR who was like 6'10. One year, playing as Ole Miss I landed TWO 6'10 WR's who could flyyyyyy. It was hilarious. 

Throwing up to double DK Metcalfs haha.

I did think it was interesting that left-handed QBs threw much better than right handed for some reason - especially those out routes on the left side of the field.