BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

15 minutes ago, Blue said:

Yeah, and?

Wentz to Washington. Really can’t see Watson going anywhere but maybe Carolina now even if his legal stuff clears up. What a **** up by the Texans not trading him right away.

Pete Carroll has never been one to care about off field issues

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

Pete Carroll has never been one to care about off field issues

Has nothing to do with optics. This is a bad team with precious few assets to trade for Watson without making them totally noncompetitive.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Has nothing to do with optics. This is a bad team with precious few assets to trade for Watson without making them totally noncompetitive.

i mean, they just got a boatload of picks and such for wilson

would houston take the same picks for him, idk, probably not but......if someone can take on carson wentz contract, and give up assets, anything is possible

Edited by bcb1213

7 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

i mean, they just got a boatload of picks and such for wilson

would houston take the same picks for him, idk, probably not but......if someone can take on carson wentz contract, and give up assets, anything is possible

Picks that would immediately go towards acquiring Watson and then some, meaning they wouldn't be able to improve on a roster that is already bad and getting worse. They would have to give up more than they got for Wilson to acquire Watson.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Picks that would immediately go towards acquiring Watson and then some, meaning they wouldn't be able to improve on a roster that is already bad and getting worse. They would have to give up more than they got for Wilson to acquire Watson.

i mean wilson to watson adding fant and harris isn't awful really

9 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

i mean wilson to watson adding fant and harris isn't awful really

It's pretty awful when you factor in that they just cut Bobby Wagner and would likely have no picks in the first two rounds for the next two years.

Martin Mathew is my guy too (Florida State alum). I’m not the happiest he’s hitching his tenure to Carson Wentz when he could’ve got Malik Wills at 11, traded back into the first round for Pickett or Corral (not his fan either), or potentially landed Sam Howell at pick 42. And they took his contract too.

Edited by MD4L

Just now, Blue said:

It's pretty awful when you factor in that they just cut Bobby Wagner and would likely have no picks in the first two rounds for the next two years.

Given their first round track record, it’s not a bad thing. They do draft better as the draft goes along though.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Blue said:

I mean, how high is Watsons value right now, really? He hasn't played in over a year, has tons of baggage. The Texans asking price, imo, is much higher than his actual worth.

8 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Given their first round track record, it’s not a bad thing. They do draft better as the draft goes along though.

They haven't drafted well in years regardless of round. 3 of the 31 players they drafted from 2017-2019 will start for them in 2022. One player on the roster left from the three draft classes before that. Schneider's reputation as a GM is currently built almost entirely on free agent pickups and a trio of draft classes that happened a decade-plus ago.

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I mean, how high is Watsons value right now, really? He hasn't played in over a year, has tons of baggage. The Texans asking price, imo, is much higher than his actual worth.

I'm of a similar opinion, but I think Houston is petty enough to sit on him until they get something close to what they're asking for.

Edited by Blue
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Blue said:

The Eagles have the draft capital to make it work, I just pray to God they don't do it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

The Eagles have the draft capital to make it work, I just pray to God they don't do it.

I think they're invested enough in Hurts to not make the deal unless Houston values Hurts in the trade.

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

They haven't drafted well in years regardless of round. 3 of the 31 players they drafted from 2017-2019 will start for them in 2022.

I'm sorry, it's 4 if you count the punter.

Just saw Terrance Mitchell got released. I drafted him in like the BDL 4th round and apparently nobody else in the league even knew who he was.

Don't get me wrong, he was an awful pick, but it's a little validating to see that he's still in the NFL.