BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I think they're invested enough in Hurts to not make the deal unless Houston values Hurts in the trade

I mean...it was reported today that Russell Wilson turned down the Eagles offer to Seattle during the combine. So they aren't all in.

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I mean...it was reported today that Russell Wilson turned down the Eagles offer to Seattle during the combine. So they aren't all in.

1. Russell Wilson doesn't bring a lot of bad press to your team.

2. Russell Wilson was apparently available for a lot cheaper.

3. I'm guessing Seattle would view Hurts as a plus asset if they were willing to trade for Drew Lock.

• Like 1

Just now, Blue said:

1. Russell Wilson doesn't bring a lot of bad press to your team.

2. Russell Wilson was apparently available for a lot cheaper.

3. I'm guessing Seattle would view Hurts as a plus asset if they were willing to trade for Drew Lock.

I'm just saying, this owner, while he seems like a decent guy, isn't afraid to gamble on a QB. He brought in Vick hot off the presses and took plenty of heat. 

And clearly they wouldn't shy away from improving the position.

I think Hurts is the ideal back up, a great stop gap, but he doesn't possess the skills to take a team that isn't WILDLY talented deep into the playoffs. I know they know that.

• Like 1

Hurts is a tough situation. He's such a likeable person and incredible competitor and leader that it would be hard for a QB ahead of him to be the alpha. But on the field, he's very good back up material.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I'm just saying, this owner, while he seems like a decent guy, isn't afraid to gamble on a QB. He brought in Vick hot off the presses and took plenty of heat. 

And clearly they wouldn't shy away from improving the position.

I think Hurts is the ideal back up, a great stop gap, but he doesn't possess the skills to take a team that isn't WILDLY talented deep into the playoffs. I know they know that.

I think you're misunderstanding me. I'm saying that I think the Eagles view Hurts highly enough that any trade for a QB they make, they would value Hurts as a 2nd, if not 1st, rd pick in any negotiations and wouldn't offer as much as a Carolina or Denver that is desperate for even competent QB play.

I'm not saying I don't think they'd move on from him, I just think they have a much higher opinion of their current QB situation than teams like Carolina or Denver were/are.

Edited by Blue
typoooooo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Hurts is a tough situation. He's such a likeable person and incredible competitor and leader that it would be hard for a QB ahead of him to be the alpha. But on the field, he's very good back up material.

Considering the state of non Cowboy teams (you could actually include Dallas too), Eagles are a slightly better QB from being legit front runners in that division.

• Like 1