BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

Just now, Ragnarok said:

How so?

You just won the ship, maximize the title opportunity you had. Obviously Rodgers isn’t a rookie deal QB but you had that position settled with a top 3 guy. I just don’t get it considering you just won the title in large part due to Rodgers.

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

You just won the ship, maximize the title opportunity you had. Obviously Rodgers isn’t a rookie deal QB but you had that position settled with a top 3 guy. I just don’t get it considering you just won the title in large part due to Rodgers.

Rodgers isn't exactly young anymore, better to move on a year early than a year late. I don't think I would do it, but I get it.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Rodgers isn't exactly young anymore, better to move on a year early than a year late. I don't think I would do it, but I get it.

That’s a viable strategy if it’s a RB or CB. Not quite with a guy who just received the highest annual salary in league history. 

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Because I won and Rodgers is 38.  I'd rather get value im happy with now and that maximizes my enjoyment of BDL.

Had I not won, I dont make that trade.

If Rodgers was 5 years younger, I doubt I do it.

• Like 2

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Because I won and Rodgers is 38.  I'd rather get value im happy with now and that maximizes my enjoyment of BDL.

Had I not won, I dont make that trade.

If Rodgers was 5 years younger, I doubt I do it.

I get it. I wouldn’t have made the move, but I understand. I would’ve kept Rodgers for sure.

As a matter of fact, the one year Cuba had an unquestionable starter for consecutive years we won it all. Obviously, things are a not quite status quo now.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

That salary isn't relevant here for two more years.

But what is relevant is he is fresh off two consecutive MVP’s.

And you traded him within your division.

Edited by MD4L