BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

I will also say that being a "contender" can be kinda stressful. I didn't much enjoy parts of the last few seasons when I was trying to go all in to win. Especially when I came up short. This past season when I had my fire sale was some of my favorite times in my time back in this league. And I'm enjoying the pre-draft process more now when I actually have picks and also don't have to try to balance competing now with taking the best talents and stuff like that. It's fun to win it all (I imagine) but it's a lot of work and it's stressful too.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I will also say that being a "contender" can be kinda stressful. I didn't much enjoy parts of the last few seasons when I was trying to go all in to win. Especially when I came up short. This past season when I had my fire sale was some of my favorite times in my time back in this league. And I'm enjoying the pre-draft process more now when I actually have picks and also don't have to try to balance competing now with taking the best talents and stuff like that. It's fun to win it all (I imagine) but it's a lot of work and it's stressful too.

I genuinely see a rebuild in the near future for DVN. I thought it was going to be this season, genuinely but some Trades presented themselves so I've pushed it off. At some point I'm going to go the route of mortgaging talent for picks to rebuild.  I.agree with the stress part. Last season, tbh, was the least amount of fun I've had since being in this league.

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I genuinely see a rebuild in the near future for DVN. I thought it was going to be this season, genuinely but some Trades presented themselves so I've pushed it off. At some point I'm going to go the route of mortgaging talent for picks to rebuild.  I.agree with the stress part. Last season, tbh, was the least amount of fun I've had since being in this league.

Yeah, I'm going to enjoy my Jalen Hurts season more than my Russell Wilson seasons I think

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

Yeah, I'm going to enjoy my Jalen Hurts season more than my Russell Wilson seasons I think

Tbh, 2023 is probably going to be the season I genuinely go full rebuild.  I mean I'll have some star talent on my team obviously. But with actually having a first next season I'll likely make Trades for picks, limp through the season not worrying about the outcome, good or bad, and then use the 2024 draft to complete the rebuild.

Obviously those ideas can always change but right now those are my expectations. 

The first time I won I traded everyone immediately. It's a grind building a team for years and finally winning. The second time, I tried to reload. I upgraded at QB (although not my first choice, but you know) and attempted to run it back. By midseason the next year I knew I didn't have what I needed to win and couldn't acquire it, so I sold the assets I knew could bring me a nice haul without sacrificing much youth. I don't fault anyone for starting over after a long build.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

The first time I won I traded everyone immediately. It's a grind building a team for years and finally winning. The second time, I tried to reload. I upgraded at QB (although not my first choice, but you know) and attempted to run it back. By midseason the next year I knew I didn't have what I needed to win and couldn't acquire it, so I sold the assets I knew could bring me a nice haul without sacrificing much youth. I don't fault anyone for starting over after a long build.

This year, I mean I started out with 3 2nds, I'm down to 1 lol. But I already have my expectations for the upcoming season.  There's, I think, 1 team, maybe 2 not including mine that's never won a championship this year. I think 2/3 of those teams will win one over the next 3 seasons.

16 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

On the Zach Wilson thing, send offers via PM, send serious offers only.

He may have had a tough season on a terrible roster behind a horrible Oline, but he finished the season strong imo 

I'm not even going to give low ball offers the dignity of response.

you drive a hard bargain, how about a sixth and Jerry Tillery

• Like 2