BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

21 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

This league has quite a few skeletons they'd like to keep in the closet. I recall one such event when I initially joined, it didn't impact me directly, but fairly confident there were ramifications and when I brought it up one time, it was completely glossed over.

We've made some bad decisions over the years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Sources close to Cancun indicate that they’re willing to trade back from #1 overall. Those interested should bombard Blue’s inbox as soon as possible. As this is in italics, it should be considered official.

Italics is for sarcasm in this thread sir.  Try underline instead 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

I tried to veto that trade to save the brand new owner from doing something he'd regret having no experience in the league in a clearly awful trade but I was overruled and told I was jealous I didn't make the deal. 

I don’t remember my stance on this but it’s good to know Blue has made sure GM have awful teams with his two years of having the most valuable player in the NFL/BDL.

• Like 1

Ok so brief recap bc I’m intrigued.

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

Yep, that's me. Always out here trying to stunt the new owners by not having them trade away an incredible asset for peanuts.

I'm a bum.

To be fair we’ve seen champions trade the golden egg so perhaps the same would’ve been done with Mahomes.

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

If I wasn't on vacation I'd dig that argument back up. Egregious the vet owners who let that deal happen.

@rackcs we need answers. I’m also going to look into this.

2 hours ago, rackcs said:

I'm on the case. I need to know who to blame for me not having Mahomes.

It gets worse that Xmad had Mahomes, traded Mahomes then left the league.

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Someone be a hero and dig it up so we can shame those owners.

@rackcs

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

This was the first post about the Mahomes trade, 10 minutes after the trade was posted

Time to get the culprits

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

Man reading back that thread has me dumbfounded that trade was allowed and seeing the heat some other trades have gotten.

Like @Ragnarok said we’ve gotten better. It’s worth noting Mahomes was traded 3 times free this controversial move and never for even close to appropriate value.

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

This league has quite a few skeletons they'd like to keep in the closet. I recall one such event when I initially joined, it didn't impact me directly, but fairly confident there were ramifications and when I brought it up one time, it was completely glossed over.

It’s shaming hour. We need answers.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I don’t remember my stance on this but it’s good to know Blue has made sure GM have awful teams with his two years of having the most valuable player in the NFL/BDL.

you must be one of my students if you're writing a sentence this nonsensical

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Italics is for sarcasm in this thread sir.  Try underline instead 

Sources close to Cancun indicate that they’re willing to trade back from #1 overall. Those interested should bombard Blue’s inbox as soon as possible

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Sources close to Cancun indicate that they’re willing to trade back from #1 overall. Those interested should bombard Blue’s inbox as soon as possible

Maybe bolded.   This looks like a hyperlink. 

Edited by RedGold
  • Like 2

Woof, I found my own responses. Not the best takes several years later

You may need more than Ogbah to get the deal done. T.J. Watt is more than enough in terms of a reasonable piece in return. You’re almost there though.

On one hand, that contract itself is worth a lot. On the other hand, I’m starting a QB who had similar hype and can’t buy a vote.

It’s not. I do have a more appropriate perspective on matters. Is xmad trading for Tyreek Hill, Kelce, and Watkins too?

I’m going to continue digging this up and at least put myself accountable here. At this point and hindsight is 20/20, Mahomes has won zero BDL playoff games and made the playoffs once with his rookie deal. Thus, considering TJ Watt has a very legitimate case to be the most valuable player (excluding positional value of course) in the league, I don’t regret my actions here.

• Like 2