BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

I'm fine with it. What other move were we going to make? I still expect us to draft a QB. Rudolph and Haskins are trash. Trubisky is a better fit for our system with his mobility. He's a perfectly fine bridge QB while we develop a QB. It's not like we're signing him to a Mahomes deal and making him our QB of the future.

And let me be clear I'm not mad because of what it does for the other division teams I don't care about the other 3 teams this is the 1st time in a long time that we have had the amount of cap space that we have. They still haven't cut Joe schober who was probably the worst player on the team this season. Frankly I don't expect them to.

They said that they were going to bring in a veteran quarterback yet the guy's on that roster Juju, Cam Hayward, etc,  They are expecting the team to compete and make a push for a championship. Kevin Colbert made it really clear today that hes got no interest in competing in the NFL because he is retiring

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

This is just ridiculous. What did you want them to do? Mortgage three years of draft picks for another rapist QB?

I was never on board for trading for Watson.

But Mitch Trubisky? Good god.God.. I bet he doesn't even win the starting job 

Edited by wwhickok

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

And let me be clear I'm not mad because of what it does for the other division teams I don't care about the other 3 teams this is the 1st time in a long time that we have had the amount of cap space that we have. They still haven't cut Joe schober who was probably the worst player on the team this season. Frankly I don't expect them to.

They said that they were going to bring in a veteran quarterback yet the guy's on that roster Juju, Cam Hayward, etc,  They are expecting the team to compete and make a push for a championship. Kevin Colbert made it really clear today that hes got no interest in competing in the NFL because he is retiring

I think you fundamentally misunderstand the situation if you think we're a Garoppolo or Cousins away from winning it all. Our OL is trash and the defense has holes at every level. We were never truly going to compete for a super bowl next year.

Just now, wwhickok said:

I was never on board for trading for Watson.

But Mitch Trubisky? Good god.God.. I bet he doesn't even win the starting job 

Over Rudolph? I would be shocked if Rudolph beats out Trubisky. If our rookie beats our Trubisky (assuming we draft one) then that's a good thing.

4 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I think you fundamentally misunderstand the situation if you think we're a Garoppolo or Cousins away from winning it all. Our OL is trash and the defense has holes at every level. We were never truly going to compete for a super bowl next year.

Over Rudolph? I would be shocked if Rudolph beats out Trubisky. If our rookie beats our Trubisky (assuming we draft one) then that's a good thing.

I don't fundamentally misunderstand anything. I don't think we're a quarterback away but my God at least sign a quarterback capable of actually winning games.

Yes Rudolph overturbisky that is how bad I think trubisky is

I don't fundamentally misunderstand anything. I don't think we're a quarterback away but my God at least sign a quarterback capable of actually winning games.

Yes Rudolph overturbisky that is how bad I think trubisky is

What QB option on the FA market was going to help us win games? Please tell me.

Edited by rackcs

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

What QB option on the FA market was going to help us win games? Please tell me.

Someone capable of reading a defense. But id have signed Winston over Mitch Turd Biscuit 

If Trubisky is your guy, there's no reason to bring back Edmunds, Juju, Haden, Tuitt, Alualu, and might as well tell Heyward to retire. 

If we do land a QB in R1, they probably start game 1 whether they're ready or not. 

Edited by wwhickok

I think you think I'm one of those Twitter steeler fans. The guys who want us to go out and sign every great free agent and make every single high priority trade. That's not the case what I do expect is for the general manager to actually make good decisions. This past season he did not do that. And it has put us in a major bind.

Someone capable of reading a defense. But id have signed Winston over Mitch Turd Biscuit 

If Trubisky is your guy, there's no reason to bring back Edmunds, Juju, Haden, Tuitt, Alualu, and might as well tell Heyward to retire. 

If we do land a QB in R1, they probably start game 1 whether they're ready or not. 

I'm sorry, you want a guy who can read defenses so you want Winston?

Dude no free agent QB was going to make us a contender. This team isn't a QB away anyways. You had expectations for the Steelers that were never going to be met. This was always the sort of best case scenario for the Steelers this offseason. Sign a mediocre bridge QB and draft a rookie. Mariota, Trubisky, Winston, they all put us in the same spot. As long as we're not paying him insane money, I'm fine with the deal.

Just now, wwhickok said:

I think you think I'm one of those Twitter steeler fans. The guys who want us to go out and sign every great free agent and make every single high priority trade. That's not the case what I do expect is for the general manager to actually make good decisions. This past season he did not do that. And it has put us in a major bind.

I don't think that at all, I just don't see what you think we should've done as an alternative. Like yeah I wish we had a better QB than Trubisky but I think this was among the best case realistic scenarios.