BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

4 minutes ago, MD4L said:

@rackcs finally got a Russell Wilson replacement. What a bummer.

I wasn't really expecting to land Lawrence until the last few days. I figured to get him would mean to overpay so I really was content just going sticking with Hurts for a year. But when I found that he could be had for what I considered a fair price, I figured why not. 

I still won't compete this year for sure, too many holes and not enough cap space unless I just completely nail the draft. I thought I might go winless with Hurts as my QB but I think with Lawrence I'll be able to scrape out a win or two despite my lack of OL and skill position help. The last two years of Lawrence's rookie deal though? I'm going back to my all in ways I think.

4 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I wasn't really expecting to land Lawrence until the last few days. I figured to get him would mean to overpay so I really was content just going sticking with Hurts for a year. But when I found that he could be had for what I considered a fair price, I figured why not. 

I still won't compete this year for sure, too many holes and not enough cap space unless I just completely nail the draft. I thought I might go winless with Hurts as my QB but I think with Lawrence I'll be able to scrape out a win or two despite my lack of OL and skill position help. The last two years of Lawrence's rookie deal though? I'm going back to my all in ways I think.

You’ve got the best defense by far. If Lawrence is the guy we saw in week 18, you’re going to be a tough opponent on a weekly basis.

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

You’ve got the best defense by far. If Lawrence is the guy we saw in week 18, you’re going to be a tough opponent on a weekly basis.

Have you seen my offense? I have no startable offensive tackles or centers and no tight ends period. I'm going to have only $16,437 in cap space after the draft so I'm going to pretty much be limited to the shark tank to fill most of the holes. I think this group can get a couple of wins if Lawrence plays well but I'm not fooling myself that I can win consistently next season. 

Edited by rackcs

Just now, rackcs said:

Have you seen my offense? I have on startable offensive tackles or centers and no tight ends period. I'm going to have only $16,437 in cap space after the draft so I'm going to pretty much be limited to the shark tank to fill most of the holes. I think this group can get a couple of wins if Lawrence plays well but I'm not fooling myself that I can win consistently next season. 

My point remains. Let’s not act like an elite defense gets zero votes. And now you’ve got the potential solution to the QB problem.

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

David Lynch Sting GIF by Filmin

Fake Sting

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

My point remains. Let’s not act like an elite defense gets zero votes. And now you’ve got the potential solution to the QB problem.

Like I said, I think I can now get a few wins with Lawrence and the defense. I just don't think I'm going to be a consistent winner or a contender or anything like that.

• Like 1