BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

9 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Well Mayfield is thanking Cleveland fans for supporting him the last four years on Twitter now.... 

All around Truckstop Jimmy trainwreck. Baker isn't the answer but they've bungled this whole situation, which is par for the course for Jimmy Haslem. If Dan Snyder wasn't around, he'd hold the "worst owner in the NFL" title for certain.

8 hours ago, Blue said:

He's not going to Cleveland.

Let's hope not. I don't want him on my team no matter how good he is.

8 hours ago, Blue said:

Mayfield just knows the team is going to move on from him.

By going after Watson, the Browns have made it clear that Mayfield will not be back. Given that the Browns FO has hung up on all of those inquiring about Baker while his value was the highest, this shows just how much Haslem has intervened in this situation, by actively driving the price down and limiting the destinations.

8 hours ago, Blue said:

I'd guess Garoppolo to Cleveland.

A lateral move. Yippee. Dude is Baker Senior and has played 16 games how many times in his career again?

7 hours ago, Blue said:

I'm curious who would trade for Baker. Indy?

Getting rid of Wentz and trading for Baker. Quality stuff here.

7 hours ago, Blue said:

I feel like they would prefer Garoppolo. Carolina if they miss out on Watson? Maybe Seattle.

Ironically, Baker in Houston makes sense from a geographic standpoint, but I think Baker ends up somewhere like New Orleans/Carolina if either misses out on Watson or Seattle during their rebuild.

On 2/10/2022 at 1:36 PM, Scoundrel said:

If someone wants to give me 3 firsts we will have a deal

On 2/13/2022 at 10:12 AM, Scoundrel said:

With that being said

Get your never BDL game used (made the bench once) Trevor Lawrence for the low low price of 3 firsts!

So back to the thoughts on the Trevor trade I obviously think it is a fair deal and rack is betting on his potential which boy does he have a ton. Showed it week 18 knocking the colts out of a playoff spot despite the dumpster fire around him. He is cost controlled and young. My asking price above was three firsts. I wasn’t going to dictate what that looked like by specifying BDL or NFL and let the offers just come in (if a team wanted to give me three BDL firsts...) now would I have just accepted 3 BDL seconds? No but I wanted to let other gms get creative with their offers.  There is risk on my end and possibility of lost value but we are happy with the return and accept this possibility.

We are committed to Joe and are happy to give Trevor his chance to start in BDL. We wish him the best of luck. 

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

So back to the thoughts on the Trevor trade I obviously think it is a fair deal and rack is betting on his potential which boy does he have a ton. Showed it week 18 knocking the colts out of a playoff spot despite the dumpster fire around him. He is cost controlled and young. My asking price above was three firsts. I wasn’t going to dictate what that looked like by specifying BDL or NFL and let the offers just come in (if a team wanted to give me three BDL firsts...) now would I have just accepted 3 BDL seconds? No but I wanted to let other gms get creative with their offers.  There is risk on my end and possibility of lost value but we are happy with the return and accept this possibility.

We are committed to Joe and are happy to give Trevor his chance to start in BDL. We wish him the best of luck. 

You won when Joe Burrow took his step this year. It went a year longer then expected but you owe no one an apology or explanation.

By the same token, it’s very understandable why Racks took the risk. Massive potential, massive upside, you can win a title with Lawrence as QB1. I expect a Burrow esque leap (not from Jacksonville but Lawrence as QB20ish to QB12 level this year).

Doesn’t happen often but a true win-win.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, MD4L said:

You won when Joe Burrow took his step this year. It went a year longer then expected but you owe no one an apology or explanation.

By the same token, it’s very understandable why Racks took the risk. Massive potential, massive upside, you can win a title with Lawrence as QB1. I expect a Burrow esque leap (not from Jacksonville but Lawrence as QB20ish to QB12 level this year).

Doesn’t happen often but a true win-win.

That's how I felt about the deal. That's why I like trading with Counselor, I always feel like we're both looking for a fair deal and neither of us is trying to screw the other one over. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

It was a smart play by both teams. Rackcs potentially getting his franchise QB and you get the ability to continue to build around Burrow, who I believe will win a Bizz Bowl within the next 12 months.

• Like 1

Just now, rackcs said:

That's how I felt about the deal. That's why I like trading with Counselor, I always feel like we're both looking for a fair deal and neither of us is trying to screw the other one over. 

My top 4 teams to trade with are Anchorage, Seoul, Camden, and Lancaster in no particular order because of how smooth the communication is, how back and forth and mutually invested those talks are.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

My top 4 teams to trade with are Anchorage, Seoul, Camden, and Lancaster in no particular order because of how smooth the communication is, how back and forth and mutually invested those talks are.

Hopefully we are honorable mention.