BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

The cap really is a myth. With the way restructures can be done, as long as you have a franchise QB, you're an SB contender. Just need to draft well in terms of filling out depth and then restructure as you go pushing everything back until you really can't compete with signing FAs.

The Miller contract makes sense. Buffalo goes all in for 2 more years, push cap back. Run a leaner team for a year when all the dead cap accumulates but still be competitive enough because of the QB situation, then repeat again after with a fresh cap.

Chiefs are sorta doing the same thing. Bengals & Chargers will in a couple years time. 

Edited by WFLukic

3 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

The cap really is a myth. With the way restructures can be done, as long as you have a franchise QB, you're an SB contender. Just need to draft well in terms of filling out depth and then restructure as you go pushing everything back until you really can't compete with signing FAs.

The Miller contract makes sense. Buffalo goes all in for 2 more years, push cap back. Run a leaner team for a year when all the dead cap accumulates but still be competitive enough because of the QB situation, then repeat again after with a fresh cap.

Chiefs are sorta doing the same thing. Bengals & Chargers will in a couple years time. 

I don't entirely agree, but a big reason why is that teams count on cap going up every year by $10million+, so what looks like a big deal now can be cut three years down the line for a negligible cap hit. So you're not even really pushing the cap hit back because 2-3 years of that deal will never be paid out anyways.

Still a mind-boggling number for a guy who didn't look like he had a lot left in the tank.

Edited by Blue

Just now, wwhickok said:

Oh, I have no doubt you're serious, but don't put that on me because I didn't do anything wrong. In fact, I have done anything to you at all.

So whatever the problem is, don't make it about me.

Everything I do and post in this league is criticized by you. Apparently endlessly.  Or you have to immediately pm me about a trade whenever I post a player’s name. So yeah it has exactly to do with you. 

9 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I'm sure someone has a 4th and 5th they'll part with to make the move up to 1.

If you are going to get the same guy you want at 3 why wouldn’t you make that trade? I wasn’t moving up for it. No one else is moving up for it. That’s a real life late 2nd and early 3rd. 

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

If you are going to get the same guy you want at 3 why wouldn’t you make that trade? I wasn’t moving up for it. No one else is moving up for it. That’s a real life late 2nd and early 3rd. 

No dude there’s endless people picking at 3 who will trade multiple 1sts. You just gotta ask around

• Like 2

Just now, Whicker said:

Everything I do and post in this league is criticized by you. Apparently endlessly.  Or you have to immediately pm me about a trade whenever I post a player’s name. So yeah it has exactly to do with you. 

If I am interested in a player and someone says they're available I'm gonna contact them about it. But you and I can't send each other messages anymore, I promised you that and made it so.

Also, I originally stated an opinion. What I JUST said was a joke, it wasn't targeted at you at all, I quoted Blue. 

So no, it doesn't have anything to do with me. You're just using me as the excuse. I'm tired of people trying to villainize me.