BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

What line of work are you in?

It's funny because I need to reseed my lawn (2 acres). A 50 lb bag of Kentucky 31 Fescue was $75 last year, and this year it's almost $120.

Bluegrass I could get 50 lbs for $120, and this year it's close to $150.

And k31 is the Andrew Norwell of seed. Big name, bad performance. Good seed is over 200/bag now.

I do lawn care. Ive got a turf degree from Rutgers, worked on golf courses for most of my life and transitioned that into the residential lawn side.

• Like 4

Just now, Jlash said:

And k31 is the Andrew Norwell of seed. Big name, bad performance. Good seed is over 200/bag now.

I do lawn care. Ive got a turf degree from Rutgers, worked on golf courses for most of my life and transitioned that into the residential lawn side.

Ahhhh! Or as one of my former Jersey teammates used to call it "Ruckers". LOL

So, serious question:

Should I just stick with the Bluegrass here in Ohio? I've got a base of fescue and bluegrass down already. I just gotta hit those bare spots throughout my 2 acres. I take it I should aerate before I overseed here in the next couple weeks?

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

It's the smart play on his part. He has an elite WR, elite RB (if he doesn't get suspended for the season) good, not great, offensive line and a respectable defense. 

Bold of you to call Marquez Callaway an elite receiver.

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

@Scoundrel How's your family?

@RuskieTitan How are you holding up, is your family still safe?

@PR How is life?

For the time being yes. Those still in Kyiv I'm most scared for, they are sheltered but Russia has shown they are intentionally targetting civilians. The defenses are keeping the armies at bay, but missiles and artillary are a different story, they don't distinguish between combatents and civilians when they land.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Bahaha you're funny. But we both know I meant Michael Thomas

Yeah, but we also both know he's caught 40 passes in the last two years, none of them involved a touchdown, and New Orleans has got to be tired of him. Wouldn't shock me if he's a throw-in to the Watson trade.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

What line of work are you in?

It's funny because I need to reseed my lawn (2 acres). A 50 lb bag of Kentucky 31 Fescue was $75 last year, and this year it's almost $120.

Bluegrass I could get 50 lbs for $120, and this year it's close to $150.

This is why I love living in Arizona. Slap some artificial turf in the backyard, have a few scrubs around the sides and front that the HOA has to manage, and 0 concerns about mowing / seeding / watering / whatever the hell people do for yard work.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

This is why I love living in Arizona. Slap some artificial turf in the backyard, have a few scrubs around the sides and front that the HOA has to manage, and 0 concerns about mowing / seeding / watering / whatever the hell people do for yard work.

Man  that's the best part of homeownership!! 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Ironically I actually love doing landscaping. There's something about working outside and seeing the "finished product" side of things and fruit of my labor. For example, I also have a garden (fruit and vegetables). But I understand the appeal for those who don't enjoy it.

• Like 1