BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

8 minutes ago, Blue said:

Again, goes back to defending him in any capacity. It’s like saying anything in his favor is opposing women, which is ludicrous considering the importance of women in my life (I like you all have family beyond this platform).

Y’know for better and worse he’s also got a family, a mom, and people who know him better then we do. The best thing is he’s got to deal with this for the remainder of his life and the blacklisting which comes with such a position. Better/worse then anything we can say is the actions he’ll have to take on for the remainder of his life.

Just now, MD4L said:

Again, goes back to defending him in any capacity. It’s like saying anything in his favor is opposing women, which is ludicrous considering the importance of women in my life (I like you all have family beyond this platform).

Y’know for better and worse he’s also got a family, a mom, and people who know him better then we do. The best thing is he’s got to deal with this for the remainder of his life and the blacklisting which comes with such a position. Better/worse then anything we can say is the actions he’ll have to take on for the remainder of his life.

If you feel bad about defending him, maybe don't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue said:

He wasn't proven innocent.

He does have civil lawsuits which are ongoing. I think justice should be served which has been the same tone during this entire process.

However, he wasn’t charged criminally. Even though the public persona is he has been charged criminally and is a heinous human being who is only capable of doing malicious things and has never done a good deed in his life.

Just now, MD4L said:

However, he wasn’t charged criminally.

That doesn't mean he didn't do it. It means the grand jury didn't find enough evidence to justify legal proceedings.

If you're really willing to take Watson's word over that of twenty-two unrelated women who are still pursuing civil charges, I suggest you drop it and reflect on why you're fighting his public relations battles for him.

• Like 2

Just now, Blue said:

That doesn't mean he didn't do it. It means the grand jury didn't find enough evidence to justify legal proceedings.

If you're really willing to take Watson's word over that of twenty-two unrelated women who are still pursuing civil charges, I suggest you drop it and reflect on why you're fighting his public relations battles for him.

I think this is our first true conversation about it. If you ask around, my tone hasn’t changed. I remain adamant about the women in question deserving their day in court. Justice should be served.

But if the collective brain trust here says it doesn’t matter and whether or not the final ruling is made, our opinions won’t change then why bother.

This Mayfield situation is something.

It becomes public the Browns attempted to trade for a serial sexual predator.

Mayfield tweets to fans that no matter what he gave whatever he could. Looking like a goodbye in light of the Watson stuff.

Browns tell Chris Mortenson that no matter what they're moving on from Mayfield and essentially call him immature. Probably think they got Watson locked down.

Watson says no.

Mayfield requests a trade.

The Browns say no.

In my mind, the Browns are looking real dumb here right now.

you are so dumb harry styles GIF

Even in light of the Watson stuff, telling Mort they feel Baker isn't "an adult" should give him enough leeway to seek another opportunity. Can't turn around now and say you won't trade him.

• Like 6