BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Yeah, let's blame Aaron Rodgers instead of the 29-year-old receiver who wanted nearly $30 million a year. Aaron's cap hit this year is the same as the per-year average Adams just got.

Didn't you say we can't blame the guy who wants what he's worth?

I didn't blame Aaron for this deal, but given what he said last year, shouldn't he be furious?

• Like 1

Just now, Jlash said:

Didn't you say we can't blame the guy who wants what he's worth?

I didn't blame Aaron for this deal, but given what he said last year, shouldn't he be furious?

Davante Adams isn't worth $28 million a year. No receiver is.

Edited by Blue

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Yeah, but not because it's fair or true.

Actually, Davante got paid like the elite WR he is.

Aaron Rodgers has made the last 2 years a media circus. He has basically acted like he runs the ship. I'm pretty sure the GM just made it clear that is not the case.

I don't blame Rodgers for wanting to be the highest paid QB, while at the same time, $50M/year is pretty ridiculous tbh.

But he had to know that contract was going to result in a loss of roster talent.

Edited by wwhickok

Just now, Blue said:

Davante Adams isn't worth $28 million a year. No receiver is.

There's a saying in sales "it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it". Maybe without Davante ARod isn't worth 50. Only thing left to do is find out. Both elites. It'll be cool to see how it plays out.

• Like 1

Just now, wwhickok said:

Actually, Davante got paid like the elite WR he is.

Aaron Rodgers has made the last 2 years a media circus. He has basically acted like he runs the ship. I'm pretty sure the GM just made it clear that is not the case.

No, he made it clear he wasn't going to pay a receiver like a quarterback. Adams is getting paid $8 million/year more than the 3rd-highest paid receiver in the league by AAV.

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

There's a saying in sales "it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it". Maybe without Davante ARod isn't worth 50. Only thing left to do is find out. Both elites. It'll be cool to see how it plays out.

You know he counts $40 million or less against the cap for the next three seasons, right? If he's still on the Packers in 2025 and they don't cut him for a $43 million cap savings, it will only be because he's worth the money.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue said:

You know he counts $40 million or less against the cap for the next three seasons, right? If he's still on the Packers in 2025 and they don't cut him for a $43 million cap savings, it will only be because he's worth the money.

And that would be great for both parties.

But again, you skirted my first question. Based on Arod's "differences" with the FO last year, where he ranted about good to great players (some who I'm pretty sure he never played with) not getting brought back to cement his point about why he didn't want to be there........should he not be irate right now? 

Quarterbacks counting more against the cap in 2022 than Aaron Rodgers: Patrick Mahomes, Deshaun Watson, Matt Ryan.

Quarterbacks counting more against the cap in 2023 than Aaron Rodgers: the same, plus Josh Allen and Dak Prescott.

Rodgers is only making around $1 million more than Jimmy Garoppolo for the upcoming season. Expect Matt Stafford and Russell Wilson to be part of that second group sooner rather than later with their contracts running out. But I guess all those guys should take pay cuts to help their teams out, right?

Edited by Blue
misspelled Deshaun

Just now, Jlash said:

But again, you skirted my first question. Based on Arod's "differences" with the FO last year, where he ranted about good to great players (some who I'm pretty sure he never played with) not getting brought back to cement his point about why he didn't want to be there........should he not be irate right now? 

I mean, I'm sure he is irate and I don't feel bad for him at all. There is simply no denying that his contract resulted in the release of Za'Darius Smith and trade of Davante Adams. The two were directly related. 

Just now, Jlash said:

Rodgers clearly agreed to structure his contract to create more cap space for the team to sign everybody. It's not his fault Adams wanted to get paid $8 million/year more than every other receiver in the league except DeAndre Hopkins. The person to blame here for Davante Adams getting shipped out is Davante Adams.

Just now, wwhickok said:

I mean, I'm sure he is irate and I don't feel bad for him at all. There is simply no denying that his contract resulted in the release of Za'Darius Smith and trade of Davante Adams. The two were directly related. 

The fact that Rodgers restructured his contract is the only reason they were able to get under the cap. Quit talking out your *** about something you clearly don't know anything about. Rodgers isn't even a top-3 highest paid QB in the NFL this season.

Just now, Blue said:

The person to blame here for Davante Adams getting shipped out is Davante Adams.

You can't blame the player for wanting to get paid what he's worth, right?

You don't determine that. Teams do. He's the best in the game.