BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

9 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I thought it was. I said annual  salary wise he's not double. And he's far and away better than Mike Willams, and a level about Chris Godwin. Cap hits get manipulated every year and players ego's aren't soothed by that, it's annual salary that are always comped. 8 mil more than Godwin and Williams? I could live with that.

Pointing to Carr's old deal doesn't sway anything for me.

He's absolutely not a level above Chris Godwin. And even if he was, the gap between them is not $8 million/year or $80 million over an extra two years. NO receiver is worth that kind of money. He's getting paid roughly the same per year as TJ Watt, and I know nobody seriously believes any wide receiver has the same value as Watt.

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Okay since you're resulting to name calling allow to me prove you wrong with what I said 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/aaron-rodgers-3745/

Aaron Rodgers is on a contract with an Avg Salary of slightly over $50M.

They've lowered the cap hit in 2022 to 28M and change creatively, but on an average, he is making $50M a year. 

Again, this contract was going to result in cap casualties. 

That average is exaggerated because he's making around $60 million in the last two years of his deal, which Green Bay will gladly pay if he's still playing at a high level three years from now.

Rodgers did everything reasonably possible to help Green Bay's cap situation. Even Tom Brady is counting $25 million against the cap for Tampa, even if Rodgers had matched that they still couldn't have met Adams' contract demands if they wanted to. How much of a cut do you want him to take?

*Correction, Brady is making $25 million/year but counting $20 million. But he also has a dead cap hit of $24 million next year whether he plays or not.

Edited by Blue

Just now, Blue said:

He's absolutely not a level above Chris Godwin. And even if he was, the gap between them is not $8 million/year or $80 million over an extra two years. NO receiver is worth that kind of money. He's getting paid roughly the same per year as TJ Watt, and I know nobody seriously believes any wide receiver has the same value as Watt.

That average is exaggerated because he's making around $60 million in the last two years of his deal, which Green Bay will gladly pay if he's still playing at a high level three years from now.

Rodgers did everything reasonably possible to help Green Bay's cap situation. Even Tom Brady is counting $25 million against the cap for Tampa, even if Rodgers had matched that they still couldn't have met Adams' contract demands if they wanted to. How much of a cut do you want him to take?

The avg is the avg because it's the avg of the total contract its how an avg works.

Also, I'm not shocked to hear so many GB fans talking trash on Davante now that he is no longer a Packer. 

Just now, wwhickok said:

The avg is the avg because it's the avg of the total contract its how an avg works.

Also, I'm not shocked to hear so many GB fans talking trash on Davante now that he is no longer a Packer. 

He's the best WR in the league.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Average doesn't determine how much cap they have available this year.

I thought the contract demands were absurd long before this and called it on the trade days ago in General. I'm glad they aren't paying him that.