BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

And yes @Jlash I'd be pissed if they were paying Rodgers $50 million against the cap this year, but they're not and it's unlikely he ever counts that much against the cap--and if he does, it'll be after the cap goes up another $30 million.

Again, I'm not even mad about Rodgers money. Everyone gets paid nuts now.

But...fundamentally....based on his own rant about management letting go of people he liked...he should be on Pat McAfee all kinds of upset.

Fundamentally.

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

Average doesn't determine how much cap they have available this year.

I thought the contract demands were absurd long before this and called it on the trade days ago in General. I'm glad they aren't paying him that.

I get the latter statement. Also, thanks for that first explanation, dont know what I'd have done without it...

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Again, I'm not even mad about Rodgers money. Everyone gets paid nuts now.

But...fundamentally....based on his own rant about management letting go of people he liked...he should be on Pat McAfee all kinds of upset.

Fundamentally.

No, he shouldn't. Randall Cobb took an outright pay cut to stay on the team. Davante chose not to play on the tag, which was paying him more than all but one receiver in the NFL this year, and demanded a contract he knew Green Bay couldn't pay out this year. Management didn't let him go, Davante Adams forced his way out.

10 minutes ago, Blue said:

No, he shouldn't. Randall Cobb took an outright pay cut to stay on the team. Davante chose not to play on the tag, which was paying him more than all but one receiver in the NFL this year, and demanded a contract he knew Green Bay couldn't pay out this year. Management didn't let him go, Davante Adams forced his way out.

No. Management signed contracts with other players that failed to leave enough money on the table for Davante, and as a result chose to get a 1st and 2nd round pick for him from an AFC team. 

If GB doesn't draft a WR with one of their 1sts, expect Rodgers' head to explode.

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

No. Management signed contracts with other players that failed to leave enough money on the table for Davante, and as a result chose to get a 1st and 2nd round pick for him from an AFC team. 

If GB doesn't draft a WR with one of their 1sts, expect Rodgers' head to explode.

That's a ridiculous way to frame the situation and you know it. They had enough cap space to tag him for $20 million this year. They could easily have paid him that and given him a long-term extension averaging more than that lifetime. He chose not to do that.

EDIT: Packers offered him $23 million/year and he turned it down.

Edited by Blue

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

SirA feeling ecstatic right now.

Yep. Glad I made that move when I did because now they have to extend Carr soon to afford Davante.

Davante getting even more money since Nevada doesn't have any State Income Taxes.

Edited by SirA1
  • Like 1