BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

43 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

His OL will be much better, run game will be as good, defense will be as good, ST much better.  

I think he will be more impressive cause he won't have a Davante caliber guy.

His most consistent handed threat is now gone... receivers have to have the hands and the rest of the crew wasn't that 

• Like 1

For the record, I'm torn between the Browns trading Baker and watching him sulk and negotiate while "holding out" from a position of weakness with bad 2019 film, bad 2021 film, while being in the "Is he the next Jared Goff?" tier question entering 2023 with a loaded QB draft class and being 27 years old.

Dunking on the Browns is fun, I totally get it.

However, 50%+ of you were the same dudes dunking on the Browns for him being the QB to begin with, so which is it here? You can't have it both ways.

Go ahead and dunk on the Browns for how they've handled this, but you folks said they should upgrade, and then when they try to, you mock them.

Half of you: LMAO Browns go ahead and pay Baker and still irrelevant

Also Half of you: LMAO Browns run Baker out of town who is the only QB you've had in 30 years to get you to relevance and fall back down in the cellar

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Also, hot take:

The Browns denying Baker's trade request is a ploy to drive up his trade value since reports indicate thus far only 1 team has really shown interest (the Seahawks). 

They're going to wait for Watson to sign, and then they might have multiple teams interested in Baker vs. who they have on their roster/or other potentially disgruntled QB's (ATL/CAR/NO losers as well as Seattle and maybe INDY).

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

For the record, I'm torn between the Browns trading Baker and watching him sulk and negotiate while "holding out" from a position of weakness with bad 2019 film, bad 2021 film, while being in the "Is he the next Jared Goff?" tier question entering 2023 with a loaded QB draft class and being 27 years old.

Dunking on the Browns is fun, I totally get it.

However, 50%+ of you were the same dudes dunking on the Browns for him being the QB to begin with, so which is it here? You can't have it both ways.

Go ahead and dunk on the Browns for how they've handled this, but you folks said they should upgrade, and then when they try to, you mock them.

Half of you: LMAO Browns go ahead and pay Baker and still irrelevant

Also Half of you: LMAO Browns run Baker out of town who is the only QB you've had in 30 years to get you to relevance and fall back down in the cellar

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Also, hot take:

The Browns denying Baker's trade request is a ploy to drive up his trade value since reports indicate thus far only 1 team has really shown interest (the Seahawks). 

They're going to wait for Watson to sign, and then they might have multiple teams interested in Baker vs. who they have on their roster/or other potentially disgruntled QB's (ATL/CAR/NO losers as well as Seattle and maybe INDY).

Dang the people really in your head and feelings huh

• Like 2

While I do think the Browns need to upgrade, they've completely mishandled the situation. Jim Haslam is a moron and that's the problem in Cleveland. 

On another note, according to a report, GB was willing to pay Adams the same contract Vegas gave him, however, Adams did not want to play in Green Bay any longer.

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

While I do think the Browns need to upgrade, they've completely mishandled the situation. Jim Haslam is a moron and that's the problem in Cleveland. 

On another note, according to a report, GB was willing to pay Adams the same contract Vegas gave him, however, Adams did not want to play in Green Bay any longer.

From what I saw it was more of him wanting to play for the Raiders than not wanting to play for the Packers.

• Like 1