Aaron Rodgers record in single digit weather

BAM

Why some argue (not me) that Home Field at Lambeau may not be an advantage

Since Rodgers took over at quarterback in 2008, there have been only six games league-wide with a kickoff temperature of 7 or colder, according to Stathead. Three of those involved the Packers. They lost all three: home vs. Houston and at Chicago in 2008 and against San Francisco in the 2013 playoffs.

Edited by BAM

I agree, which is why I wrote (not me) in parenthesis. Regardless, it is a surprising stat.

Brett Favre was 3-1 in single digit games, the overtime loss to the Giants in the NFC Championship game in his last game as a Packer.  At one point Favre had a 34 - 0 record in games where the temp was below freezing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BAM said:

I agree, which is why I wrote (not me) in parenthesis. Regardless, it is a surprising stat.

Brett Favre was 3-1 in single digit games, the overtime loss to the Giants in the NFC Championship game in his last game as a Packer.  At one point Favre had a 34 - 0 record in games where the temp was below freezing.

That’s just it, though.  It’s not surprising.

7 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

That’s just it, though.  It’s not surprising.

Okay, you don't find it surprising that Aaron is 0-3 in single digit temp games. I do, especially given his .666 game career winning percentage. Like you I can explain it away, but it has been a popular narrative about what an advantage Rodgers and the Packers hold in cold weather games.

1 minute ago, BAM said:

Okay, you don't find it surprising that Aaron is 0-3 in single digit temp games. I do, especially given his .666 game career winning percentage. Like you I can explain it away, but it has been a popular narrative about what an advantage Rodgers and the Packers hold in cold weather games.

First of all, I never bought into the narrative that GB somehow has the advantage in cold weather games.  I’m also not worried - not one iota - about AR being 0-3 in three games that have completely reasonable explanations. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

copy-aaron-rodgers-freezing-stats-2.png

From before the Rams playoff game last year. So, as of the end of the 2020-21 season, he was 29-7 in games below freezing, and we have yet to play a game under 32 degrees this year.

So my take away from this thread is that we need to hope for kickoff temps between 10 and 31 degrees

38 minutes ago, BAM said:

No one doubts Rodgers in cold games. His record of 30 degree or below games I believe is pretty good. Under LaFleur and MCCarthy GB has always been great in December (sans a few poor years).

The issue is GB has never been like a Baltimore or Tennessee or Browns type team. GB isn’t this dominant run team with a great defense. One of the issue GB lost to Minn last year in GB was because or this. The reason Bills lost to New England this year … is because of this. GB isn’t built for “extreme weather”.

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

First of all, I never bought into the narrative that GB somehow has an advantage in cold weather games. 

Agree,  I'd really like to see our record in snow vs outright cold.  IIRC, We seem to do well when it's snowing.  

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

First of all, I never bought into the narrative that GB somehow has an advantage in cold weather games. 

Agree,  I'd really like to see our record in snow vs outright cold.  IIRC, We seem to do well when it's snowing.