Rich7sena'a Mock Offseason (Update on page 5)

Rich7sena

15 hours ago, Melbourne 9er said:

2 questions:

1. Is Tomlinson changing positions? Would prefer to keep him at guard but if he's moving to edge we can afford to lose him ūüėĀ

2. Why would Cousins be worth so much more than Jimmy G? I think that Jimmy G is about right (maybe a little more with the QB premium) but what has Cousins shown that gets him that much? I would think he would be similar to Jimmy G except possibly worth a little more due to availability. But 2 1sts and a 3rd???

I have Tomlinson playing guard for the Jaguars. I think the move forward with Walker Little at left tackle and let Cam Robinson walk.

Cousins is a better quarterback than Jimmy G. Cousins has been on of the league's most productive quarterbacks since he joined the Vikings. In my opinion, he is as good as Matthew Stafford, who went for more.

Somehow it even got worse for the Falcons this time around XD  Atleast with the other one we got the best WR in the draft even though i hated that pick as well.   Also i would much rather keep that money we spent on BJ and put it toward keeping Foye.  Nice job on the mock draft in general though i always appreciate the work you put into them rather i hate the Falcons outcome or not lol   At that point we can only hope and pray it doesn't turn out that way.

I dont think you would find many Vikes fans that would hate that Cousins trade. He's been pretty good for us and it would be painful to take a step back in the production department, but has his limitations like pocket awareness, mobility, and leadership. Think it's a little high in value for him, so if they pull that off it is the move of the offseason. Not a big fan of Dalton at QB but could be a decent stop-gap until 2023 when there should hopefully be a better QB class and the ammo to trade up as needed. I think most fans would rather see Teddy just for the sentimental value, but those recent concussions scare me off.

As far as the picks themselves, love it. CB is probably the biggest need right now (sadly) and Booth would be solid. I dont think DE is the biggest need with Hunter hopefully coming back healthy and the multiple picks spent the last few seasons, but cant not help but salivate at Ojabo's potential. Plus he would be good insurance if Hunter cant make it back to full health or goes down again. Will be interesting to see how his contract is restructured this offseason.

I might have a small preference to take Olave there instead and pair him with Jefferson. Im thinking more long term, cuz they still have Theilen and Osborn. But if Theilen goes down again (cuz he's up there in age) Osborn doesnt scare anyone enough to take coverage away from Jets. Getting Olave some time to learn from Theilen this year and take over in a year or 2 would be ideal.

Other options to look at would be OLB since this is likely Barr's last year with us and the cupboard is kinda bare behind him.

Kudos!

On 1/5/2022 at 10:15 AM, sparky151 said:

Sauce Gardner is a first round player but not a top 5 guy. Chargers won't take Linderbaum after signing Linsley last year. Garrett Wilson will go before Olave. Burks looks too early also. I doubt Drake Jackson goes before Drake London. 

Actually, where the Chargers are concerned, he's probably more righteous than a lot of the "low-hanging fruit" draftniks projecting them to take a run-plug that offers no discernible pass-rushing capability, especially with anything higher than a 3rd round pick (which has never been a hallmark of a Staley or Fangio defense).  Linderbaum and his versatility actually make a ton of sense for the Chargers because while Linsley does have the center position covered for at least the length of contract he's under, the right side of their OL needs serious help.  And, with the contract invested in Bulaga, they'll likely give him another shot to come back from injury (and odds-on get injured again) before just drafting a replacement for him (Tom Telesco is nothing if not predictable), but Linderbaum could quite easily replace a very, very replacement Michael Schoefield or Senio Kelemete (both UFA's) at RG, before eventually kicking over to center.

It's a move that makes sense for the Chargers.  That said, it's Tom Telesco, so I don't expect him to do the sensible thing unless a gift absolutely falls in his lap (which I'm not convinced he'll view in IOL prospect as).  An ideal fit for Staley (but even though his arrest from 2 weeks ago might actually see his stock take enough of a hit to fall into range of the Chargers, it also all but assured Telesco won't touch him because he's a "character guy") is Demarcus Leal.  One guy I could see Telesco (in a vacuum) and Staley both coveting is Nakobe Dean, but that would also require Telesco to do something he nearly never does - admit a mistake - so pick Dean would have to be predicated on a decision to move Kenneth Murray to a more WILL or Edge role, because - as last night's game made perfectly clear - he's woeful as an ILB when asked to drop into coverage in Staley's defense; point him forward and tell him to attack and he does well, but his awareness moving backward is truly sad, as is his tackling technique.  Telesco was hot-to-trot for Roquan Smith and narrowly missed out on him several years ago; if he sees similar traits in Dean, he could possibly be persuaded.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job with the Jags.  You did a nice job of hitting on our needs in free agency.  I don't know how they will work out, but I can tell you did your homework.  I'd love to take one of the top 2 pass rushers, but my worry is that we will miss out on being able to bolster our offensive line, which is important with our young QB.  You also got us a veteran WR, which is a huge need.  The way you did things in free agency make taking one of the most impactful players at #1 in the draft a wise move.

Great job!

Absolutely horrible trade for Jimmy G.    

Steelers have too many holes, and Jimmy G isnt THAT much better than some free agents out there.    In not completely opposed to trading for him, but TWO 2nd rd picks?   Hard HARD pass.  

• Like 1