Bored: Offense Moving Forward

G08

33 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I doubt they will be gone.

We'll see  You never know though, Morton could always make a lateral move to OC on another team like Bears if the situation works itself out and he wants added job security.  We don't know how long he signed his deal for when he joined the Jets last offseason.  We have to assume it runs until the end of the 2018 season when Bowles current deal expires.  Unless Bowles and the rest of the coaching staff get extended he could bolt.

I looked into Morton as a potential head coach. He's definitely intriguing just a little concerned that he doesn't enough experience as a coordinator to make that jump.  If we're going to go the Saints connection route then right now I'm leaning more towards Sean Payton's right hand man in Carmicheal who has been an OC since 2009.

The spread concepts that Morton uses interest me a great deal.

You also see a ton of that from the Rams where there top 3 WRs all have a similar amount of production.

I think you cannot congest things in the NFL and make the throws tighter and harder. You need as many options running routes as possible and force teams into man coverage.

25 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The spread concepts that Morton uses interest me a great deal.

You also see a ton of that from the Rams where there top 3 WRs all have a similar amount of production.

I think you cannot congest things in the NFL and make the throws tighter and harder. You need as many options running routes as possible and force teams into man coverage.

You need to continually sprinkle in new ideas and concepts; those are the offenses that are exploding right now.

Just now, WindyCity said:

LA, Philly, KC, NYJ, NO lead the league in spread passing plays.

What do they have in common? Production.

This is why I want a young, innovative, up and coming mind. Matt Nagy played the position, played it well, and he's got a fire within him that I freaking love.

I don't know how he is as a leader of men (dude played QB so I'd have to think he knows how to command a group) and I don't know what defensive scheme he prefers, but he's my top choice right now.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

This is why I want a young, innovative, up and coming mind. Matt Nagy played the position, played it well, and he's got a fire within him that I freaking love.

I don't know how he is as a leader of men (dude played QB so I'd have to think he knows how to command a group) and I don't know what defensive scheme he prefers, but he's my top choice right now.

Nagy is one my short list. I think Ried is the most innovative offensive coach on the planet.

We would need

-Serious speed at WR

-Shaheen to fill the Kelce roll

Just now, WindyCity said:

Nagy is one my short list. I think Ried is the most innovative offensive coach on the planet.

We would need

-Serious speed at WR

-Shaheen to fill the Kelce roll

That's the beauty of it... we are overhauling our WR corps this upcoming season so now is the time to get your scheme in place, period.

Archived