Bored: Offense Moving Forward

G08

1 hour ago, G08 said:

I dunno man, we took down 2 Super Bowl winning QBs this season and 1 Super Bowl losing QB for our 3 wins.

In fact, in our first 8 games we faced 6 Super Bowl QBs...

I just think what could have been if the Bears got Kyle Shannahan this past off season. The 49ers offensive scheme looks real good they just do not have the players to run it. Oh well what’s in the past is in the past. 

1 minute ago, blkwdw13 said:

I just think what could have been if the Bears got Kyle Shannahan this past off season. The 49ers offensive scheme looks real good they just do not have the players to run it. Oh well what’s in the past is in the past. 

Technically, man, we are running that offense with Loggains. Romo said it as well when he was calling our game.

21 hours ago, G08 said:

It's our stupid and dated football philosophy.

"Tough team", strong defense, rely on the run.

I see your "or 2011" and raise you "1963".

I'd say the Crowton experiment and possibly to a lesser extent the Trestman debacle show that the Bears are even worse when they get away from their 'old' formula.

Speaking of the 'old' formula. Last five Super Bowls.

Super Bowl teams

Avg passing rank   14.6

Avg rushing rank     8.4

Avg defense rank    9.4

Super Bowl Winner

Avg passing rank  13.6

Avg rushing rank   11.4

Avg defense rank    8.0   (two winners had best defense rank)

22 minutes ago, G08 said:

Technically, man, we are running that offense with Loggains. Romo said it as well when he was calling our game.

If you watch what the 49ers are doing on offense and then watch the Bears it is two different offenses, might be the same concepts but that is all. 

7 minutes ago, 51to54 said:

I'd say the Crowton experiment and possibly to a lesser extent the Trestman debacle show that the Bears are even worse when they get away from their 'old' formula.

Speaking of the 'old' formula. Last five Super Bowls.

Super Bowl teams

Avg passing rank   14.6

Avg rushing rank     8.4

Avg defense rank    9.4

Super Bowl Winner

Avg passing rank  13.6

Avg rushing rank   11.4

Avg defense rank    8.0   (two winners had best defense rank)

So you need a strong defense and equal parts run and pass. Makes sense.

I would really like to see 1 if not 2 new WRs. Landry, Adams, Pryor and another guy. Personally I’d go after Landry and Pryor if available. A new OT. Prefer a LT so we can cut Massie and move the wasted money over to RT before we can move on from him unless he improves. Sadly we need a TE still. 

On 11/3/2017 at 12:13 PM, G08 said:

X - Meredith

Z- Landry

Slot - Wright

Bench - White

I can live with that...

Landry seems to me to be a guy who has to be in the right offense. He’s a HUGE upgrade, no doubt, but I don’t see him as a #1 at all personally, and he’s gonna get #1 money in FA. I’m skeptical on Adams too - he’s always been in the same offense as Cobb and Nelson and a capable receiving TE with Rodgers as his QB. Can he really be expected to live up to that anywhere else? The guy I’m highest on is Robinson, and he’s coming off an ACL. 

Gun to my head I think we end up with a bigger possession WR in FA and a guy in round 2-3 of the draft, or vise versa. 

FA: Jordan Matthews

Draft: James Washington (round 2)

Matthews, Meredith, Washington, Wright, Inman. 

4 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Landry seems to me to be a guy who has to be in the right offense. He’s a HUGE upgrade, no doubt, but I don’t see him as a #1 at all personally, and he’s gonna get #1 money in FA. I’m skeptical on Adams too - he’s always been in the same offense as Cobb and Nelson and a capable receiving TE with Rodgers as his QB. Can he really be expected to live up to that anywhere else? The guy I’m highest on is Robinson, and he’s coming off an ACL. 

Gun to my head I think we end up with a bigger possession WR in FA and a guy in round 2-3 of the draft, or vise versa. 

FA: Jordan Matthews

Draft: James Washington (round 2)

Matthews, Meredith, Washington, Wright, Inman. 

Robinson is the WR I was looking at in FA also, and then some one like Kirk or Miller in the draft.

Archived