Bored: Offense Moving Forward

G08

3 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

Ideally yes, but I’m pretty sure he was playing guard in pre season against 3rd stringers and wasn’t doing very good. 

Being totally honest I didn’t look anywhere near close enough to tell whether he was struggling individually or whether it was the guys he was playing with who are working in offices with guys like us right now. 

3 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

Robinson is the WR I was looking at in FA also, and then some one like Kirk or Miller in the draft.

My worry with Robinson is that our big FA WR is then coming off an ACL and potentially not ready week 1, our 2/3 is coming off an ACL and potentially not ready week 1 and somewhere on the roster is the perpetually injured Kevin White and his fully guaranteed 2018 salary. Healthy Robinson is far and away the best WR in this FA class.

11 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Being totally honest I didn’t look anywhere near close enough to tell whether he was struggling individually or whether it was the guys he was playing with who are working in offices with guys like us right now. 

I don’t remember either it was preseason that’s why I said they need to see if he can even play first. 

8 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

My worry with Robinson is that our big FA WR is then coming off an ACL and potentially not ready week 1, our 2/3 is coming off an ACL and potentially not ready week 1 and somewhere on the roster is the perpetually injured Kevin White and his fully guaranteed 2018 salary. Healthy Robinson is far and away the best WR in this FA class.

Robinson having the injury I think lowers his value some but he is the best of the FA receivers.  Cam is still a wild card and that’s what the drafted receiver would be there for. Kevin White I really don’t care about if he provides something then fine. I just think Robinson is worth the risk 

2 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

I don’t remember either it was preseason that’s why I said they need to see if he can even play first. 

Robinson having the injury I think lowers his value some but he is the best of the FA receivers.  Cam is still a wild card and that’s what the drafted receiver would be there for. Kevin White I really don’t care about if he provides something then fine. I just think Robinson is worth the risk 

I should clarify - I think he’s worth the risk too. I worry the Bears won’t want to put so many eggs into their basket that are coming off major injuries. Robinson will only be 7ish mo. removed from the injury when FA opens. Agree White can’t be counted on for anything at this point. 

I mean definitely have your doctors take a look at him before having him sign on the dotted line... but I would freaking LOVE Allen Robinson here if he's healthy.

Robinson

Meredith

Wright

White/Inman

I can live with that.

7 hours ago, G08 said:

I mean definitely have your doctors take a look at him before having him sign on the dotted line... but I would freaking LOVE Allen Robinson here if he's healthy.

Robinson

Meredith

Wright

White/Inman

I can live with that.

Even if we sign Robinson I want us drafting a guy round 2/3. With Robinson presumably getting #1 WR money in this scenario unless Meredith accepts a reasonably priced long term extension now (3/15ish) then if he has the year next year we expected this year then he’s probably gone in 2019 due to cost, and Wright is probably a year-by-year proposition. 

19 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Even if we sign Robinson I want us drafting a guy round 2/3. With Robinson presumably getting #1 WR money in this scenario unless Meredith accepts a reasonably priced long term extension now (3/15ish) then if he has the year next year we expected this year then he’s probably gone in 2019 due to cost, and Wright is probably a year-by-year proposition. 

This is my thinking also. 

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

I just realized, if we sign Robinson our top 3 WRs, ostensibly, could all be coming off IR with two of them coming off torn knee ligaments xD¬¬

24 minutes ago, G08 said:

I just realized, if we sign Robinson our top 3 WRs, ostensibly, could all be coming off IR with two of them coming off torn knee ligaments xD¬¬

I hope you aren’t including White because he is nothing more than a fringe roster spot and only because he has a guaranteed contract. 

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

No injured players.

The Bears have no luck with injuries and what appears to be a flawed medical staff.

This is pretty dumb, you would have the get rid of Long, Whitehair and any other injured player. But they can always have players like White who had no injury history. 

11 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

I hope you aren’t including White because he is nothing more than a fringe roster spot and only because he has a guaranteed contract. 

I personally would not, but this is our GM's baby... he's going to give him more chances than he deserves to succeed.

11 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

This is pretty dumb, you would have the get rid of Long, Whitehair and any other injured player. But they can always have players like White who had no injury history. 

What are you talking about?

I do not want to sign any pre-injured free agents to fill key roles.

Archived