Bored: Offense Moving Forward

G08

Robinson will be 25 years old next season, I would absolutely kick the tires on him.

I don't think Adams is worth a large investment.

Pryor hasn't done a damned thing this season.

Watkins is another Kevin White, but I'd take a look at him I suppose.

I like Kendall Wright and would bring him back as our #3 / F

Jordan Matthews *may* have some upside... still young and has size/speed

Landry would make sense only if his character issues are cleared up (apparently was being a petulant SOB with Gase)

John Brown could be an interesting #2 if you want to roll with Meredith as your #1

55 minutes ago, G08 said:

Robinson will be 25 years old next season, I would absolutely kick the tires on him.

I don't think Adams is worth a large investment.

Pryor hasn't done a damned thing this season.

Watkins is another Kevin White, but I'd take a look at him I suppose.

I like Kendall Wright and would bring him back as our #3 / F

Jordan Matthews *may* have some upside... still young and has size/speed

Landry would make sense only if his character issues are cleared up (apparently was being a petulant SOB with Gase)

John Brown could be an interesting #2 if you want to roll with Meredith as your #1

That list would have me looking into the draft, even if Robinson is not franchise tagged.

Long list of #2s that will be paid as #1s.

Sign a number 2 for reasonable money and draft someone high to be a star.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

What are you talking about?

I do not want to sign any pre-injured free agents to fill key roles.

Nope can’t take a chance on a guy like Danny Trevathan either. Robinson isn’t a walking injury like Kevin White. 

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

Nope can’t take a chance on a guy like Danny Trevathan either. Robinson isn’t a walking injury like Kevin White. 

Danny Trevathan was coming off a season where he started 18 games and won a Super Bowl.

Allen Robinson won't be able to run a route before you pay him huge money.

50 minutes ago, G08 said:

We can't burn another high first round pick on a WR, man. I don't trust Pace.

Take the best pass rusher or OL available (depending upon where we pick).

You are willing to risk 50 million on a WR that will not have run a single route since blowing his knee?

It is only a burnt pick if the player sucks. I do not necessarily trust Pace at WR either, but you have to try. They have wasted a huge part of 2017 both in terms of what the team could do and what Mitch can get accomplished because of the WR position. My guess is we see a ton of investment in the position and the only way to get a #1 guy is to draft him.

OT would be a fine pick, but everything will be about helping Mitch.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

You are willing to risk 50 million on a WR that will not have run a single route since blowing his knee?

It is only a burnt pick if the player sucks. I do not necessarily trust Pace at WR either, but you have to try. They have wasted a huge part of 2017 both in terms of what the team could do and what Mitch can get accomplished because of the WR position. My guess is we see a ton of investment in the position and the only way to get a #1 guy is to draft him.

OT would be a fine pick, but everything will be about helping Mitch.

On a 25 year old coming off what is turning into almost routine knee repair? Absolutely. Why?

He's a proven #1 WR, man.

1. Allen Robinson

2. Cam Meredith

3. Kendall Wright

4. Dontrell Inman/Kevin White

God forbid Robinson or Meredith aren't right, you still have Kevin White under contract and Inman (assuming he re-signs here) as hedges.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Danny Trevathan was coming off a season where he started 18 games and won a Super Bowl.

Allen Robinson won't be able to run a route before you pay him huge money.

If he isn’t running routes he isnt getting huge money, he also isnt getting franchised either because they also have to pay Lee and Hurns is already making big money there. Point is you can’t just through out some one because of an injury. 

My guess that Mitch's stat line is going to be pretty ugly by the end of the season, which is going to put a big bulls eye on Ryan Pace. His hand picked QB has not looked good, even with some flashes.

Now imagine on top of Trubsky not looking good, Pace also tells you he is keeping Fox to develop Trubisky. Now there is a double bulls eye on Pace.

I cannot see Pace with all eyes on him sending Trubisky out there with a mediocre WR group.

Just now, G08 said:

On a 25 year old coming off what is turning into almost routine knee repair? Absolutely. Why?

He's a proven #1 WR, man.

1. Allen Robinson

2. Cam Meredith

3. Kendall Wright

4. Dontrell Inman/Kevin White

God forbid Robinson or Meredith aren't right, you still have Kevin White under contract and Inman as hedges.

Please stop mentioning Kevin White as anything more than a wasted roster spot.

You top 2 WRs will be coming off of ACLs, that is a huge risk for a QB who you already screwed for an entire season.

Wright and Inman are both free agents, Robinson is probably getting tagged, and the Bears will need a free agent and a draft pick to complete this group.

Just now, WindyCity said:

My guess that Mitch's stat line is going to be pretty ugly by the end of the season, which is going to put a big bulls eye on Ryan Pace. His hand picked QB has not looked good, even with some flashes.

Now imagine on top of Trubsky not looking good, Pace also tells you he is keeping Fox to develop Trubisky. Now there is a double bulls eye on Pace.

I cannot see Pace with all eyes on him sending Trubisky out there with a mediocre WR group.

His top 2 WRs are done for the year, and his #3 WR has played in what, one game?

I think Pace is going to how the team has improved under Fox and has taken time because our roster was just God-awful. 

Fangio may walk, I'm prepared for that, but I would just as quickly give the job to Ed Donatell (he's been a DC before, they've averaged out to better than 13th in the league in points allowed).

1 minute ago, blkwdw13 said:

If he isn’t running routes he isnt getting huge money, he also isnt getting franchised either because they also have to pay Lee and Hurns is already making big money there. Point is you can’t just through out some one because of an injury. 

You can. Injuries are a huge deal in the NFL.

The Jags have nothing but room and will probably let Lee leave.

Archived