An opportunity to become a dynasty for the next 5 seasons!!!!

Swampbilly

I've posted a couple times in other threads about this, but with the article from Sports Illustrated coming out this morning it lends a little credence to what I've been saying, and I think it's now Thread Worthy.

1 Team Named Most Likely Trade Destination For Aaron Rodgers (thespun.com)

Aaron Rodgers!!!!!  We have a chance to make everyone happy this off season (except for AFC East opponents).  I really do like Tua!!!!  He has played well considering the lack of OLine performance.  But the beauty of trading for Rogers is we have the capitol and Cap room in 2022 and 2023 to make it happen while still improving the OLine and Receiver positions (by the way Devante Adams will be an Unrestricted Free Agent in 2022 and if we have a deal in place and a commitment for Aaron Rodgers then we would surely be the top suitor for Adams).

Aaron Rodgers in South FL will bring with him the Tom Brady Effect.  What's that?  That's when Veteran Players flock to a team for team friendly contracts just to have a reasonable chance at a Super Bowl.  Our window on Defense and Special Teams is open, and it won't stay open forever (just ask Dan Marino).

Why would Rodgers be willing to take a trade to the Dolphins?  Because we can show him how much we want him as an organization.  New long-term contract of 4-5 years (commitment).  Offensive Coaching Assistants of his choosing.  A seat in the War Room come draft days (if we give him a player he wants in the 3rd round then that's more than GB ever did).  And his favorite target in Devante Adams. An elite level Defense.  A budding young star Receiver in Jaylen Waddle.  Bring back Gesicki and our Receiving corps rivals even KC's.

Why would Green Bay be willing to trade Aaron Rodgers to Miami?  Because their DeFacto GM needs him gone to ensure his position is safe, and because Rodgers isn't happy about the teams' personnel decisions, and because Rodgers currently can and will walk after 2023 and go to a team of his choosing (Brett Favre part 2?), and because we can afford to pay 3 first round picks between now and the 2023 draft to ensure GB has a chance at a new QB if Love fails to prove himself before his contract expires in 2023.

Why would we make a trade for Aaron Rodgers?  Because he is the one player that gives us the best chance to dominate the AFC East for 3-5 years.  Buffalo has a great QB and a great Defense.  New England is looking like the Brady era New England with a rookie QB.  The Jets roster is improving rapidly, and they have a fantastic young HC.  Stephen Ross will be 82 next season, and while we may not care about that as fans, I'm sure it's heavy on his mind.

Aaron Rodgers and Devante Adams really could be Miami Dolphins for the 2022 Season.  It's not just me saying this anymore!!!!

Edited by Swampbilly

I admire the optimism, Rodgers has been my favorite qb since Peyton retired. I don’t think it will happen though. I have admitted it in a few other threads and it shames me that I didn’t want him when Miami could of drafted him at 2 overall because he was a “Tedford Qb” whose qbs had not transitioned well to the nfl. Of course he may never have developed into the Rodgers we know today. 

Our O line is a wreck though. They could afford him true but the capital both picks and $$ money to acquire him would prevent us/ seriously hamper our ability to fix it. 

I think he truly loves Greenbay and will choose to stay and retire a packer. For the sake of Greenbay  fans I hope he does. No one wants to see one of their franchises greatest players in another Jersey. I wouldn’t have begrudged Marino chasing a ring in Minnesota (which was a possibility) but the selfish fan in me is glad he wore Miami’s Jersey his entire career. 

plus Tua is far from a bust at this point. 

It’s easy to say, “nah”, because it’s far from a guarantee that Rodgers is going to push his way out of Green Bay in the off season, and since he is under contract through the 2023 season he WILL have to push his way out.

The thing is that if he does move towards getting out of Green Bay, like he did during the first day of the 2021 draft, then will we be ready to make a play for him?  I hope so because I think he is going to make a push to leave Green Bay just like he did during the 2021 draft.  Understand that things are not great between Green Bay’s GM and Aaron Rodgers.  Rodgers wants a new GM or he wants out and I don’t believe he has changed that from the 2021 draft.  He had an MVP year in 2020 just like he is having in 2021 so there’s no difference there.

Is our OLine bad?  Yep.  Do we have the cap and capitol for it to be drastically better, even after making a play for Rodgers?  Yes we do. Will defenses stack the box and short pass game against Rodgers the way they do Tua?  “Nah”

Realistic chance Aaron Rodgers is a Dolphin in 2022?  Currently a 25% chance IMO, but that’s enough to take it seriously.

2 hours ago, FinSting said:

After yesterday's turd game, my Tua support is slipping. Not gone, but slipping. Would be weirdly ironic if a left-handed QB was replaced with a future HoF legend like what happened in Denver. 

I want Tua to succeed direly, but it's obvious to me that he needs more development.  He needs major work on his passing trajectory.  He is having problems with overthrows and more concerning he is having problems with his decision making (throws into double and triple coverage multiple times per game).  If we were able to trade for a QB like Rodgers (or even Russell Wilson) I can see a case where Tua stays on the roster through his rookie contract.

My biggest fear with our team right now is that Tua is suffering from David Carr syndrome.  

9 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

My biggest fear with our team right now is that Tua is suffering from David Carr syndrome.  

Not at all, Carr was sacked 76 times in his rookie season lol. 

Tua has been sacked 39 times in his first two years. 

We gotta give Tua a chance in year 3, decent O-line blocking (hasn't happened yet for Tua) and a good run game. 

• Like 1

Lol at thinking we're one elite QB away from winning a SB let alone being a dynasty. I wonder how many SB winners had an OL rank dead last and a run game ranked dead last. We haven't fixed the OL dating back to the Tannehill years but a QB is going to make everything better right? Thats why we have all these super bowl trophies from the Marino years. 

1 hour ago, john305 said:

Lol at thinking we're one elite QB away from winning a SB let alone being a dynasty. I wonder how many SB winners had an OL rank dead last and a run game ranked dead last. We haven't fixed the OL dating back to the Tannehill years but a QB is going to make everything better right? Thats why we have all these super bowl trophies from the Marino years. 

He does say ''an opportunity'' at being a dynasty. Obviously getting a franchise QB alone isn't going to give us a superbowl but its the most important step and the hardest thing to find. We were a hell of a lot closer to a SB when we had Marino than any time since then, not a coincidence. If you ask me if i'd rather we recreate the ''success'' we had in the Marino years or continue threading water like we've done for the past 20 years, I think the answer is pretty easy.

TB was also in the same boat before they got their guy, also not a coincidence.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FinSting said:

Not at all, Carr was sacked 76 times in his rookie season lol. 

Tua has been sacked 39 times in his first two years. 

We gotta give Tua a chance in year 3, decent O-line blocking (hasn't happened yet for Tua) and a good run game. 

Just to clarify, I'm not claiming Tua is suffering from David Carr syndrome........  I am saying that it's my biggest fear.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, john305 said:

I don't think we are one elite QB away from winning a Super Bowl.  I do believe we are one elite QB away from having the opportunity to build a Dynasty.  Our Defense is very capable as is, and if we can bring a marquee name QB to our Offense (Aaron Rodgers comes to mind) then we can replicate exactly what has happened in Tampa Bay.

10 hours ago, Emerica said:

He does say ''an opportunity'' at being a dynasty. Obviously getting a franchise QB alone isn't going to give us a superbowl but its the most important step and the hardest thing to find. We were a hell of a lot closer to a SB when we had Marino than any time since then, not a coincidence. If you ask me if i'd rather we recreate the ''success'' we had in the Marino years or continue threading water like we've done for the past 20 years, I think the answer is pretty easy.

TB was also in the same boat before they got their guy, also not a coincidence.

Yes Sir!!!!  Exactly!!!!

I'm not claiming we have to reinvent the wheel here.  We just have to emulate success....... and in order to do that, in this instance, we have to identify exactly who we want as our elite QB and then be aggressive in acquiring him.  We have the Cap room and we have the Draft Capitol.

For those claiming a trade for Aaron Rodgers or maybe even Russell Wilson will be so costly that we will have no Capitol left to fix our OLine........  I just don't believe that to be accurate.  Our Oline is in dire need of 2 OT upgrades and an upgrade at Center would be great too.  Now consider that at least 1 OT upgrade will come in the form of a big time Free Agent and that we surrender all 3 of our first round picks from now through 2023 for our QB trade.  That gives us 2 second round picks and 3 third round picks in the next 2 drafts to find a Center and an OT.  5 picks to find 2 quality starters.

Let's not handcuff ourselves to Tua.  And let's not blame everything about his lack of performance on the OLine (Deshaun Watson had a horrible OLine for multiple seasons, and so has Russell Wilson).  It is what it is, Tua isn't the guy right now.  Maybe he still can be in the near future (I hope so), but let's not risk the future of the franchise on a maybe.

Edited by Swampbilly

50 minutes ago, Swampbilly said:

I don't think we are one elite QB away from winning a Super Bowl.  I do believe we are one elite QB away from having the opportunity to build a Dynasty.  Our Defense is very capable as is, and if we can bring a marquee name QB to our Offense (Aaron Rodgers comes to mind) then we can replicate exactly what has happened in Tampa Bay.

Our defense is capable of dominating the weak QB's. The second they face middle tier QBs or better not so much. Tampa Bay has a top 10 OL, we've been trying to fix the OL for over a decade. Tampa Bay has really good weapons, we have Waddle and sometimes Gesicki. You can't replicate something if you have nowhere near the same talent. 

41 minutes ago, Swampbilly said:

Yes Sir!!!!  Exactly!!!!

I'm not claiming we have to reinvent the wheel here.  We just have to emulate success....... and in order to do that, in this instance, we have to identify exactly who we want as our elite QB and then be aggressive in acquiring him.  We have the Cap room and we have the Draft Capitol.

For those claiming a trade for Aaron Rodgers or maybe even Russell Wilson will be so costly that we will have no Capitol left to fix our OLine........  I just don't believe that to be accurate.  Our Oline is in dire need of 2 OT upgrades and an upgrade at Center would be great too.  Now consider that at least 1 OT upgrade will come in the form of a big time Free Agent and that we surrender all 3 of our first round picks from now through 2023 for our QB trade.  That gives us 2 second round picks and 3 third round picks in the next 2 drafts to find a Center and an OT.  5 picks to find 2 quality starters.

Let's not handcuff ourselves to Tua.  And let's not blame everything about his lack of performance on the OLine (Deshaun Watson had a horrible OLine for multiple seasons, and so has Russell Wilson).  It is what it is, Tua isn't the guy right now.  Maybe he still can be in the near future (I hope so), but let's not risk the future of the franchise on a maybe.

We just have to emulate success? So we just have to build a SB caliber team? IS that all? It's so easy I'm surprised we didn't think of that back during the Marino years. 

5 picks to find 2 quality starters? Again is that all? It's so easy I'm surprised we haven't done it these last 10 years.

Here's the last 5 picks we used on lineman let me know who the quality starters are.

2-42-Liam Eichenburg

7-231-Larnel Coleman

1-18-Austin Jackson

2-39-Robert Hunt

4-111-Solomon Kindley

Watson and Wilson have had bad lines yes....but have they had the worst OL in the NFL? Did they have what PFF called a historically bad OL? Did they simultaneously have the 2nd worst run game in the NFL?

You don't wanna risk the future of the franchise on a maybe yet your content to keep drafting OL in the hopes that MAYBE we can hit on 2 of 5. Aaron Rodgers would never sign with Miami for the same reason Manning didn't sign here when he was a free agent. Players aren't keen on going to a dumpster fire.