Week 18 Preseason Game: Cow Patties @ Eagles Now Primetime Saturday 8:15

Nabbs4u

21 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Yeah. Gunna be tough to pull that one out, but there is definitely a reason to play now imo. If we lose we are likely facing LA which is easily worst case scenario for us round 1. If we win we play the Bucs which would be a lot better due to their offense being banged up and they haven't been playing the best football.

Why risk injury yourselves playing Dallas? Plus you are assuming the NFC West games are played simultaneously.

Teams are at a major advantage (or blind) given that ESPN is getting two playoff implication games on Saturday. It’s completely unfair not to play these games simultaneously.

Edited by WheatieMan

Just now, WheatieMan said:

Why risk injury yourselves playing Dallas? Plus you are assuming the games are played simultaneously.

Teams are at a major advantage (or blind) given that ESPN is getting two playoff implication games on Saturday. It’s completely unfair not to play these games simultaneously.

Life isn't fair. 

And why would Dallas risk playing for seeding??? They might get hurt! It's all the same. Either you care about who you play in the playoffs and you try to win, or you don't and rest your guys. My guess is the Eagles are absolutely playing to win next Sunday. Will they win? Probably not, but you never know in divisional games.

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I am from South jersey originally but live in NC the last 12 years. All of us coming up are from NC. Me and another guy are transplants from the Philly area, the other two aren’t. One is a Cowboys fan the other 3 of us are Eagles’ fan 

Where in NC? I'm in Atlantic Beach/Morehead City area on the coast? Didn't know that. 🥃

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Life isn't fair. 

And why would Dallas risk playing for seeding??? They might get hurt! It's all the same. Either you care about who you play in the playoffs and you try to win, or you don't and rest your guys. My guess is the Eagles are absolutely playing to win next Sunday. Will they win? Probably not, but you never know in divisional games.

My point is, in the past, the final Sunday contained all the NFL games. If seeding is a huge deal, all games should be flexed to 4pm ET. If the Rams lose, then Bucs are number two. I think the 49ers need the game to clinch because of NO. That means Saints Falcons needs to be played simultaneously.

They could give Eagles Cowboys Saturday… in fact I think it is likely at this point so it’s not an automatic bye, should they play for the 6th seed. But they can still draw the Rams if LA loses (I think SF should play that one very close).

15 minutes ago, Danger said:

@TheRealMcCoy

You believe this kid???

I mean we probably will have the toughest first two games for any wildcard team.

We more than likely will have to go to Tampa and then even if we win we get Green Bay.

We are an overachieving team this year that has a good winning formula when its clicking. I'm not gonna be too upset about a first round exit as long as they play a respectable game.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean we probably will have the toughest first two games for any wildcard team.

We more than likely will have to go to Tampa and then even if we win we get Green Bay.

We are an overachieving team this year that has a good winning formula when its clicking. I'm not gonna be too upset about a first round exit as long as they play a respectable game.

jimmy kempski said if green bay had a weakness it was their run defense sucked

7 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

jimmy kempski said if green bay had a weakness it was their run defense sucked

I mean it is. Trust me every team in the NFC is beatable.

Tampa lost to the Saints twice, Football Team, and Rams. They were in a lot of other close games including todays which they almost dropped to the Jets.

We are playing with house money right now. Only way this goes wrong is if we get blown out and turned it over or committed penalties a bunch.

I'd love to play spoiler for some team though. Would feel better about that possibility if we could get Sanders back in time.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

Really hope Miles has a speedy recovery and a WR steps up not named Devonta Smith. If the defense can play like they have in the brighter spots and someone steps up not named Smith then we could make a mini run imo. It's a lot to ask but I've seen worse teams in the playoffs and have some success. 

Hurts dual threat ability is always a possibility of breaking a game wide open but can he string it together in consecutive games is the question with everything on the line. I have blind faith in him even if the facts are there that he's solid. He's a winner and winners win. So let's hope that real Hurts comes to play

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh
  • Like 1

So as of now we'd play the Rams 2 vs 7. Would you rather that matchup or TB?

I'm actually torn? 

Hard to run on the Bucs and they have Brady but weapons are gutted outside of Gronk?

Rams weapons as well as Donald, Miller, Ransey are legit. But you can run on LA and it is Matt Stafford, not Tom?

Curious if it matters?

Edited by Nabbs4u

Per Twitter, 85% chance our playoff opponent is Bucs or Rams. 2 worst matchups for us as they can defend run very well.

Need a loss, and a lot to go right, to get either the Cowboys or Cardinals in a 2 vs 7 game.

I don’t think this game’s result will mean much for us, but how we look will certainly matter. Can we even compete with one of the NFC’s top dogs? We’ll find out next week.