BA on AB "He's no longer a Buc"

bucsfan333

7 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Does anybody in here hope the kid gets the proper help with his mental illness? It's fairly obvious at this point he's got demons to deal with. 

There in lies the problem though. It's been clear for several years now that AB had some mental health issues to go along with his baggage. I'm not really sure what more this organization could have done for him. I mean TB12 literally was like a chaperon to him and was letting him live with him. He had support top to bottom.

Problem is, does he want the help? You can only do so much for an individual who doesn't want to get the help necessary. 

30 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Antonio Brown claims he was injured and unable to re-enter the Bucs' Week 17 game against the Jets.

Brown reportedly told Tampa trainers that he couldn't get back into the game "because in his mind, he did not feel he was healthy." Bucs head coach Bruce Arians told Brown that if he wasn't going to re-enter the contest, he should leave the sideline. Brown, as the world saw, did just that in what was the most bizarre scene in recent NFL history. Longtime Bucs beat writer Rick Stroud said the report "sounds like a pure set up for a grievance by Brown with the Bucs to get his money."

Take away the mental issues, he's just a sketchy person overall. He has had so many instances of defaulting/not paying people for services provided.

8 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Antonio Brown claims he was injured and unable to re-enter the Bucs' Week 17 game against the Jets.

Brown reportedly told Tampa trainers that he couldn't get back into the game "because in his mind, he did not feel he was healthy." Bucs head coach Bruce Arians told Brown that if he wasn't going to re-enter the contest, he should leave the sideline. Brown, as the world saw, did just that in what was the most bizarre scene in recent NFL history. Longtime Bucs beat writer Rick Stroud said the report "sounds like a pure set up for a grievance by Brown with the Bucs to get his money."

Take away the mental issues, he's just a sketchy person overall. He has had so many instances of defaulting/not paying people for services provided.

I saw this earlier today - AB has only played for SB winning HCs in the NFL.  His talent is just next level, but good god he has cost himself between 10-20 million in lost wages at least over the last few yrs.  He has been paid over 80 million in his career.  What a tragedy.  Tragic to have that type of  talent, but for whatever reason not to be able to make sound decisions.

35 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I saw this earlier today - AB has only played for SB winning HCs in the NFL.  His talent is just next level, but good god he has cost himself between 10-20 million in lost wages at least over the last few yrs.  He has been paid over 80 million in his career.  What a tragedy.  Tragic to have that type of  talent, but for whatever reason not to be able to make sound decisions.

And he might be costing himself a gold jacket as well.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, indifference said:

AB still a Buc?

Brady must of called BA today

They're expecting AB to file a grievance, so they're figuring out best way to position themselves to defend that and recoup some cash. Plus, as @bucsfan333 stated they don't want another team playoff team to potentially, even though it's a long-shot:

ESPN's Adam Schefter noted that the Bucs are in discussions with the league on how to move forward with the situation. Brown could be suspended instead of waived, preventing another team from scooping him up for the playoffs. It's unclear if any team would take a shot on him but the Bucs would rather not find out. His suspension could also allow Tampa Bay to recoup some of his salary.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

If Antonio Brown wants a job on another team in the NFL, he can have one. That is not an opinion. That is what I know.

— IG: JosinaAnderson (@JosinaAnderson) January 4, 2022

NFL is the league of 3rd, 4th and 5th chances...

We'll see, and I really don"t have a problem if he does.  The league and PA actually caring about the players is a joke anyway.  

31 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

We'll see, and I really don"t have a problem if he does.  The league and PA actually caring about the players is a joke anyway.  

Same here. I could care less if he ends up going to another team and having success right away. It's only a matter of time before he has another incident if so.

I'm so glad this happened before we gave him another 1-2 year deal.

• Like 1

Tampa Bay Times' Rick Stroud reports that Buccaneers WR Antonio Brown's camp believed he should not have played in Week 17 due to his ankle injury.

Stroud reports that "the belief is Antonio [Brown] probably should've never been on the field to begin with Sunday" after the wide receiver went to a non-team-affiliated surgeon and adds that an official release from Brown's camp will be coming soon.