DT Rutgers

• DET
    Cole Strange
    OG Chattanooga
    trade icon
  • DET
    Shaun Jolly
    CB Appalachian State

Like Hutch, Walker and Metchie. Other than that, I'm not a big fan honestly. Not a fan of the safety early(just prefer other safety's).

The last six picks are just a waste imo. I don't like a single player, just my opinion. Doesn't mean much. Haven't even seen a lot of those guys play.

1. Like the first pick. Alot of fairweather fans are going off on Hutch after the Orange Bowl, but he's still a top 2 player in this draft and I guy that would immediately help our pass rush. A

30. Not bad depending on who is there. I like Hill, Brisker, Battle and Joseph as 1st/2nd rd Safeties. B+

34. This is where you start to lose me. Kenneth Walker is an incredible talent. But we are 5 deep on RB and if the Lions stand pat with the 2nd pick on Day 2, I don't think they'll use it on another RB when there are better players available and as positions of need. D

81. You move down in the 3rd for Metchie, whom I like a great deal. and would like in the 3rd round no matter what we do in the first 2 rounds. A-

98. I don't hate the position, but there are guys I like better. Owen Pappoe from Auburn would be a better LB pick here. Could happen though. B

122. Sam LaPorta is a good TE and this is where I think alot of quality TEs will be found. LaPorta, Ruckert, Kolar, etc. Not a bad option to add behind Hockenson. A

164. I loathe this pick. We don't need another Boyle/Blough on this team. Wasting a late rd pick on a QB is God awful, IMO. There are only a handful of QBs I even like in this draft, none later than round 2. Ironic since none are worthy of top ten, IMO. Still alot of potential talent here with guys like S Isaiah Pola-Moa, LB Edefuan Ulofoshio, CB Josh Jobe, TE Charlie Kolar, etc. F

176. Love this pick. I've mocked him to use a few times. Onwuzurike has not lived up to the hype, so far, but it's still early. Nick Williams will be gone sooner than later and Brockers is aging. Adding talent up front on the line is crucial. A

177. I don't see Strange lasting until the late 6th round. but I like the position. Vaitai is an albatross of a contract. I think Kraemer and Stenberg still have inside tracks to depth G positions. I don't see Strange beating any of them out. But it's late in the draft and you take best talent available. So solid pick.

181. Really scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to 7th rd picks. Talent in this draft falls off after round 5, IMO. But Jolly is a good pick. 

Overall, not a bad mock at all. A couple really bad picks, IMO. Wasting draft capital. But overall, I like the vision. Still not sure why this needed it's own thread and didn't just go in the mock draft thread we have going already. I don't understand why some think every thought they have is worthy of it's own thread.