If Kenny Pickett's hands are 8 to 8¼ inches, as reported, is he draftable?

Apparition

14 hours ago, Apparition said:

How do you envision his hand size NOT impacting those things, though?

Hand size is just one measurement. As I understand it, you spread out all your fingers then they measure from the tip of your thumb to tip of your pinky. If Pickett has longer than expected digits, it could help him grip the ball much better than would be indicated by his hand size, and that wouldn't be accounted for in the measurement. Also, these measurements are sometimes just wrong and some guys measure differently/incorrectly. I remember Joe Thomas, who had less than ideal arm length measurements at the combine, talking in a podcast and saying all those measurements are BS; they didn't measure him correctly.

You could be right and Pickett shows up at the combine, his hands measure out small, and he shows he can't control the ball properly in his throwing drills. But I'm not dropping him or counting him out until he shows that he can't control the ball properly. I don't necessarily care what his hand size is.

12 hours ago, Awsi Dooger said:

In that range then he'll drop way down. Fromm was barely below 9 yet it was cited as one reason he dropped. He clearly had issues at the combine and in retrospect should not have participated.

Fromm dropped because he has a noodle arm that severely limits what he can do in the NFL. You have to cut out at least a quarter of your playbook if you are playing Fromm because there are throws he just can't make. Pickett has average arm strength. You won't have to cut out any of your playbook with him, but he isn't able to make the type of plays Justin Herbert, Josh Allen, etc make.

Hand size presents a problem in 2 specific situations:

1.  More susceptible to fumbles

2.  More vulnerable to bad weather

There's a clear reason why small handed QB's often wear gloves, like Pickett does.  And yes, if it's that small, it's a concern.

But, there's an interest nugget that may mitigate the risk:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/will-kenny-picketts-hand-size-impact-his-2022-nfl-draft-stock/

Pauline references the fact that Pickett's thumb is double jointed - which puts it in a more natural grip position.   For sure, it's going to be one of the big measurements teams will be looking for at the Senior Bowl/Combine.    It's not really an issue of him throwing the ball - but more how weather / fumble-prone he may be.    I don't think it knocks him down with fair-weather teams, but teams where weather's a concern (Cleveland, Pittsburgh), yeah, it's probably going to be heavily scrutinized.