Week 18 (SNF) Chargers: (9-7) at Raiders (9-7)

NYRaider

Playoff Bound  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Playoffs?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

if there was ever a game for Derek Carr get up for in his career, it's this one

Yup. This very well could be a career/franchise altering game. If we win and are in, anything can happen but at least I could see Carr coming back. If he blows it and struggles heavily with the nation watching, I imagine his seat gets damn hot and a new HC/GM/OC will potentially want their new own guy.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Yup. This very well could be a career/franchise altering game. If we win and are in, anything can happen but at least I could see Carr coming back. If he blows it and struggles heavily with the nation watching, I imagine his seat gets damn hot and a new HC/GM/OC will potentially want their new own guy.

There's so many things to unpack:

-they got beat last time and the offense severly under performed

-Bosa talked smack about him directly

-they're playing against the divisional opponent

-winner goes to the playoffs loser doesn't

This is one of those games where there's literally no excuse not to bring your A game

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think Carr is back next year with an extension regardless, Mark Davis said he'd decide on Carr's future before he makes a GM/coaching hire so that points to Carr being extended.

10 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

There's so many things to unpack:

-they got beat last time and the offense severly under performed

-Bosa talked smack about him directly

-they're playing against the divisional opponent

-winner goes to the playoffs loser doesn't

This is one of those games where there's literally no excuse not to bring your A game

Also we will be at home in good weather and possibly getting his #1 weapon back. Literally zero excuses not to show up and perform at his best. This game will tell us whether DC truly has that Mamba mentality. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Also we will be at home in good weather and possibly getting his #1 weapon back. Literally zero excuses not to show up and perform at his best. This game will tell us whether DC truly has that Mamba mentality. 

💯 . It's one thing to do well when you're the underdog for a month and nobody cares what you do anymore because the expectation is that you're gonna be picking in the top 15. Another when the expectation is that you're in position to Win and all the lights are on you on a Sunday night football game that is the last game of the regular season and the stakes are high. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

You cherry pick stats to suit whatever narrative you decide to run with that week. It’s exhausting 

His 9 TD/14 turnovers is cherry picking stats? Carr has been great in clutch moments over the last three weeks and played great against the Cowboys. But outside of the Cowboys game, Carr and the offense haven't been very good. The defense has carried us and put us in positions to win.

Edited by NYRaider

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

His 9 TD/9 turnovers is cherry picking stats? Carr has been great in clutch moments over the last three weeks and played great against the Cowboys. But outside of the Cowboys game, Carr and the offense haven't been very good. The defense has carried us and put us in positions to win.

It’s partially the stat posting but more so the need to be disagreeable and contrarian at all times. Plus you switch up your takes a lot seemingly for the sake of creating an argument. Like I said….it’s exhausting. 

• Like 1

I hope that Carr comes to play and puts on a great performance. But the Chargers pass defense is slightly above average, their run defense is their biggest flaw, second worst in the league. If we're going to win, Josh Jacobs is going to have a monster game.

1 minute ago, jpaulthe1st said:

It’s partially the stat posting but more so the need to be disagreeable and contrarian at all times. Plus you switch up your takes a lot seemingly for the sake of creating an argument. Like I said….it’s exhausting. 

I'm not trying to argue, I'm just pointing out that Carr hasn't been great down the stretch of the season overall. He has 5 more turnovers then he has TD passes but has made when they mattered the last three weeks. I don't think this is the week he has to put up a monster game for us to win, he just cannot turn the ball over. We just saw the Texans put it on the Chargers behind Rex Burkhead, Jacobs needs to come to play and if we get the run game going, Carr won't have to win the game for us.