Week 18 (SNF) Chargers: (9-7) at Raiders (9-7)

NYRaider

Playoff Bound  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Playoffs?

• Yes
    • No

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I hope that Carr comes to play and puts on a great performance. But the Chargers pass defense is slightly above average, their run defense is their biggest flaw, second worst in the league. If we're going to win, Josh Jacobs is going to have a monster game.

Hope we don’t force it tho like last time if I recall we tried but Jacobs was stuffed for the most part 

Just now, SimonGruber said:

Hope we don’t force it tho like last time if I recall we tried but Jacobs was stuffed for the most part 

That was their only really dominant game against the run, they've gotten mauled recently. And IIRC they're missing some key guys on the interior DL.

33 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Since the bye week Carr has 9 TD/9 INT

I think it is totally valid to quote this number and is not cherry picking.

However, I think it is also fair to contextualize this by saying Carr's main weapons going into the season were Ruggs (Deep Threat), Waller (All round Unicorn), Jacobs (Punishing runner) and Renfrow (Chain mover) but Carr has not had the support he might have expected from these guys...

• Ruggs - Only played half a season (no further discussion about the "incident" required)
  • Waller - missed half the season but even before that was not playing at 2019/2020 levels
  • Jacobs - finally turned up against the Broncos (in Week 16!)
  • Renfrow - Money

Truth is Carr's TD / Int ratio has not been good but over the last half of the season (Renfrow aside) has been making do with Jackson (a 35 year old deep threat), Zay Jones (has been a career journeyman at best) and Edwards (who despite having a TO-like frame has catched only a whopping 55% of his targets).

I suppose I am saying this feels more like a stat that is relevant to the team as a whole rather than just Carr - though there have been a couple of interceptions that were wholly on Carr as well.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Heart of Oak said:

I think it is totally valid to quote this number and is not cherry picking.

However, I think it is also fair to contextualize this by saying Carr's main weapons going into the season were Ruggs (Deep Threat), Waller (All round Unicorn), Jacobs (Punishing runner) and Renfrow (Chain mover) but Carr has not had the support he might have expected from these guys...

• Ruggs - Only played half a season (no further discussion about the "incident" required)
  • Waller - missed half the season but even before that was not playing at 2019/2020 levels
  • Jacobs - finally turned up against the Broncos (in Week 16!)
  • Renfrow - Money

Truth is Carr's TD / Int ratio has not been good but over the last half of the season (Renfrow aside) has been making do with Jackson (a 35 year old deep threat), Zay Jones (has been a career journeyman at best) and Edwards (who despite having a TO-like frame has catched only a whopping 55% of his targets).

I suppose I am saying this feels more like a stat that is relevant to the team as a whole rather than just Carr - though there have been a couple of interceptions that were wholly on Carr as well.  

He has also lost 5 fumbles.

1 hour ago, Heart of Oak said:

And...

I am not debating that.

9 TD/14 turnovers over a 9 game stretch is pretty damn terrible. But as you said it's not just reflective of Carr, rather our whole team. Some of the picks came as a result of Carr trying to force the ball down the field in key moments but guys just didn't get open. Some of his fumbles have been him getting hit from the blind side trying to extend a play. Overall he hasn't been great but has made plays when it mattered over the last month so there's not much more you can ask him to do considering our offensive personnel. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

9 TD/14 turnovers over a 9 game stretch is pretty damn terrible. But as you said it's not just reflective of Carr, rather our whole team. Some of the picks came as a result of Carr trying to force the ball down the field in key moments but guys just didn't get open. Some of his fumbles have been him getting hit from the blind side trying to extend a play. Overall he hasn't been great but has made plays when it mattered over the last month so there's not much more you can ask him to do considering our offensive personnel. 

Maybe but many are bad throws.  The two picks yesterday where on Carr.  He underthrew DJax who had a step on the defender and threw into quadruple coverage on the second.  The DJax pick bothered me because he is still underthrowing his deep balls.  He was doing it with Ruggs also.  The second int is one of those brain fart moments he should not have even attempted the throw.  It was a great play by Leonard also.  Carr was locked on to Jones and Leonard breaks towards him before Carr starts to throw.

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

That extra game gonna give the record to carr lol

and the record to Kupp for receptions and yards. 

Did people not realize this would happen to every stat?
1000 yards was relevant in a 12 game season. . . Im not sure why we use it as a milestone these days. 59 yards a game

I honestly don't feel good about this. I will feel better if Waller is back but still don't expect us to win. We just have distraction after distraction after distraction after distraction with this damn team this year. To me, that makes it very hard to be optimistic. I just hope they surprise me

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Dam 9/14 glad we have defense and special teams that’s not even counting Josh’s fumbles