Week 18 GDT: Kansas City Chiefs (12-4) at Denver Broncos (7-9)

paul-mac

I’m glad this game got flexed to Saturday 4:30pm Eastern time. 24 hour earlier end to the season and end of this era of mediocrity.

I think it will probably be a blowout. Chiefs have to prove themselves after losing yesterday and playing for the #1 seed. Broncos have mailed it in on their coaches.

KC 34

Denver 10

1 minute ago, broncosfan_101 said:

If CIN loses and TEN wins in the 12:00 window, we might not see much of KC’s stars, as they wouldn’t have anything to play for. I think that’s the only situation where this isn’t a blowout. 

Remember we're the Sat game.   CIN/TEN play on Sunday.    So yeah, I don't expect KC is going to do anything but go HAM on Saturday.    Plus, the whole 2-game-losing-streak headed into Week 1 playoffs.     Andy Reid teams are so well coached and prepared...yeah, KC is earning that -10 spread Vegas laid down overnight.    

Anything can happen, but in a TO-neutral game, we're going down by 10+.

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Remember we're the Sat game.   CIN/TEN play on Sunday.    So yeah, I don't expect KC is going to do anything but go HAM on Saturday.    Plus, the whole 2-game-losing-streak headed into Week 1 playoffs.     Andy Reid teams are so well coached and prepared...yeah, KC is earning that -10 spread Vegas laid down overnight.    

Anything can happen, but in a TO-neutral game, we're going down by 10+.

Right. Duh. Chiefs by a million.

Well another wasted season comes to a close. I didn’t even bother to post in year yesterday but what can I really say?

Chiefs 34, Broncos 9

The good news is a week from today we will (we better) see a complete cleaning of house. If Paton brings back any of Vic, Shurmur and McMahon, I’m done with this team. 

• Like 3

On 1/3/2022 at 12:49 PM, AnAngryAmerican said:

Well another wasted season comes to a close. I didn’t even bother to post in year yesterday but what can I really say?

Chiefs 34, Broncos 9

The good news is a week from today we will (we better) see a complete cleaning of house. If Paton brings back any of Vic, Shurmur and McMahon, I’m done with this team. 

Very very unlikely I know, but seeing how Vic likely ends up as Harbaughs DC if Jim makes the jump back to the NFL. I wouldn’t be against keeping Vic in that role, with Jim in big seat. Completely unprecedented, and there’s a bigger chance of QAnon hosting a vaccine drive than Harbaugh being willing to relinquish control to a real GM, but that’s the only way I see any of the above still employed in Denver come Monday.

Edited by broncos_fan _from _uk
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Very very unlikely I know, but seeing how Vic likely ends up as Harbaughs DC if John makes the jump, I wouldn’t be against keeping Vic in that role. Completely unprecedented, and there’s a bigger chance of QAnon hosting a vaccine drive, but that’s the only way I see any of the above still employed in Denver come Monday.

Trade for Russell Wilson and team him with Harbough? With Fangio as DC? Absolutely. But you’re correct, that will never happen. It would be way too awkward. It’s irritating because someone is going to get a hell of a defensive coordinator out of this deal and it isn’t going to be us.  

11 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

Trade for Russell Wilson and team him with Harbough? With Fangio as DC? Absolutely. But you’re correct, that will never happen. It would be way too awkward. It’s irritating because someone is going to get a hell of a defensive coordinator out of this deal and it isn’t going to be us.  

This only would work if someone is willing to eat some butt.

31 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Very very unlikely I know, but seeing how Vic likely ends up as Harbaughs DC if Jim makes the jump back to the NFL. I wouldn’t be against keeping Vic in that role, with Jim in big seat. Completely unprecedented, and there’s a bigger chance of QAnon hosting a vaccine drive than Harbaugh being willing to relinquish control to a real GM, but that’s the only way I see any of the above still employed in Denver come Monday.

I got a chuckle out of this one.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

This isn't an easy situation for Paton by any means. Vics turned our "no name " defense into one of the leagues best (9ppg lower than last year)with very limited talent.  

How he's done that with the constant turnover at LB and our talent poor DL I have no idea.

37 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Love the analogy. In another thread I said I don’t see Jim going anywhere that he isn’t given full control. Between George Paton and the potential for Peyton Manning/The Manning Family being part of the ownership group, no way Jim would come here. I also still think Jim is publicly flirting with the NFL to get a $100m contract from the powers that be in Ann Arbor.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Completely unprecedented, and there’s a bigger chance of QAnon hosting a vaccine drive than Harbaugh being willing to relinquish control to a real GM

Quote of the day.   Won’t lie I spilled my drink reading that line.  

• Like 2