Week 18 GDT: Kansas City Chiefs (12-4) at Denver Broncos (7-9)

paul-mac

15 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

What alternatives ?? As of now, Rodgers/Wilson/Watson are all attached to other teams, Bridgewater (who can't elevate this team) is a free agent and hard to see Paton drafting a QB in what looks like an inferior QB draft. Just asking what insider info you're hiding from us 😉 

Keep looking towards the Senior bowl. Early Feb I think. Something tells me Patons going to find a diamond at QB this year. Despite what the pundits say it looks to me like there's some serious QB  talent that will be available. More importantly now is who we bring in as OC and QB coach. That should tell us a bunch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1234567 said:

A lot when he’s healthy. Especially on intermediate and double move routes. Switch our QB’s out with Rodgers or Wilson, and Jeudy is a 1400 yard receiver immediately. 

2 hours ago, 1234567 said:

They do seem to struggle getting him the ball accurately. He has such unreal start/stop/change of direction ability, that it’s prob hard to get the timing correct. 

Thank you! This is what I figured, but impossible to tell on TV. The dude always looks so frustrated, which makes sense if you are consistently beating defenders and not seeing the ball. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Keep looking towards the Senior bowl. Early Feb I think. Something tells me Patons going to find a diamond at QB this year. Despite what the pundits say it looks to me like there's some serious QB  talent that will be available. More importantly now is who we bring in as OC and QB coach. That should tell us a bunch.

Love the optimism but nothing factual there. Agreed there will be some surprise QB, there usually is at least one or two surprises. That said, maybe Paton will show some more of his talent-evaluation prowess, I sure hope so.

3 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

What alternatives ?? As of now, Rodgers/Wilson/Watson are all attached to other teams, Bridgewater (who can't elevate this team) is a free agent and hard to see Paton drafting a QB in what looks like an inferior QB draft. Just asking what insider info you're hiding from us 😉 

I’m confident we’ll find one.   I was referring to the alternatives we’ll have in the offseason especially now that we likely have a top 10 pick.  Not on the team now per se - but I see how I wrote that lol.   So to be clear on my meaning - the draft ammo and likely change coming, we're in great position now to finally address QB in a huge way.    

Allbright confirmed earlier this week that Wilson / A-Rod is plan A, B & C.   Today’s result just made it a lot easier to get there.   No one from the core got hurt and we showed again why they’d want to put us #1 on their destination list.  

Honestly today’s game was the ideal result.   I’m so relieved.   Now we see what the offseason brings - but for the first time entering after season’s done, I have a ton of hope the big changes needed to get us over the offseason are coming.   You & others know for the longest time I’ve been saying that we’re on the right track - but we’re not ready to be legitimate contenders.   Even with Stafford / Watson I said they’d get us there for the long run and why I wanted either, given you couldn’t tell when the next opp presented itself.     

Well this offseason my tune changes - get the elite QB upgrade and find the HC/OC that complements the QB we get and we are finally there.   We’ll still need DL / EDGE help but we’re also ready to take the leap and be legitimate sustained contenders.   I have nothing but hope and optimism with the right HC/OC hire we’re almost there.   And for the first time in a while we’re one of the top spots for elite QB looking to move.   It’s potentially the perfect storm.  Can’t wait to see what the offseason brings.  

Edited by Broncofan

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Well this offseason my tune changes - get the elite QB upgrade and find the HC/OC that complements the QB we get and we are finally there.   We’ll still need DL / EDGE help but we’re also ready to take the leap and be legitimate sustained contenders.   I have nothing but hope and optimism with the right HC/OC hire we’re almost there.   And for the first time in a while we’re one of the top spots for elite QB looking to move.   It’s potentially the perfect storm.  Can’t wait to see what the offseason brings.  

In my early-ish research, this draft is absolutely loaded with edge talent. Probably 8-9 guys that I love in the top 75 or so.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

In my early-ish research, this draft is absolutely loaded with edge talent. Probably 8-9 guys that I love in the top 75 or so.

As much as ppl want to win, today's L helps in a huge way.   Because we're likely trading 3 1sts in any scenario where we land A-Rod or Russell Wilson - but not all 1sts are created equal.  Getting a top 10 pick as 1 of the 3 likely reduces the additional price required.   Having our 2nd/3rd and LAR's 2nd/3rd means we can still get a T prospect and some EDGE/DL help.   Even if we traded 3 1sts and a 2022 LAR 2nd, we'd have 3 picks in Rd2-3.   

I also think realistically we'll need some FA help, Day 2 rookies it's a bonus to contribute right away, year 2 should be the target.   Rotational help, for sure.   

If I'm going to make 1 quibble, I don't why Agim was inactivated.  Harris/Jones were great, but it would have been nice to see Agim play.   Not sure what letting Stephen play helped us evaluate Agim more.   Only a minor quibble, though, given how well our D played, hard to argue with it.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1