2017 Indianapolis Colts

Wyld Stallyns

I still think that college QB's can get by by making things happen outside the pocket, and in broken plays......with great improv skills. Maybe Walker actually grasped the playbook better than Morris and functions better in practice....but failed to function against game planning. Who knows? I trust that these professional know more than most any of us. 

I do know that they may see neither one as a legitimate real time player, but fans do forget that the role of the #3 and #4 Qb is not to come in and lead a team, but to serve in practice and emulate what skills might not be on the roster for the D to sharpen itself on. Sometimes but rarely does a QB actually work himself up to the #1 spot. 

Interesting piece of info for the 53 man roster. 

25 players are new to the club this year 

11 rookies including 4 UDFA (Bond, Sanchez, Daniels and Moore)

28 players from last year

2 players left from the Polian era (Vinatieri and Castonzo) 

if you do the math with me, 53-25= 28; 28-2=26

26 Grigson era players, 25 Ballard era players, 2 Polian era players 

5 hours ago, stallyns said:

Interesting piece of info for the 53 man roster. 

25 players are new to the club this year 

11 rookies including 4 UDFA (Bond, Sanchez, Daniels and Moore)

28 players from last year

2 players left from the Polian era (Vinatieri and Castonzo) 

if you do the math with me, 53-25= 28; 28-2=26

26 Grigson era players, 25 Ballard era players, 2 Polian era players 

Exactly. Just think what those numbers will be by the end of our second season with Ballard. 

http://m.colts.com/news/article-1/Colts-Release-First-Unofficial-Depth-Chart-Of-2017-Regular-Season/3f6ac2bf-3a2f-44e2-b864-7e10d7db908a

colts released their first 'Official Depth Chart' yesterday 

Only big surprise:

Jeremy Vujnovich is listed as the starting LG, with Denzell Good starting at RT. 

Kelly is listed as the starting C with Bond as the backup and Ian Silberman as the 3rd C

Haeg is listed as the backup RG to Mewhort with no one listed as backup at LG. Le'Raven Clark is listed as the backup at both tackle positions. So not sure why Haeg isn't both. 

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

Apologies for not being around for a while. Been pretty busy recently which has meant haven't had the chance to get on here but still be watching the season of course despite how bad its been. Unbelievable that both my teams have only 3 wins this season but that's how it goes. 

Playing a Peterman led Bills team today. Hopefully we can put in some kind of performance before my hardest game to watch personally against the Broncos.

10 hours ago, Warhorse said:

I hope we sign him to a contract. He is tough, and gives us a chance to win. That is as good as one can expect as a back up QB. 

His rookie deal still has 2 years left, we’ve got a cheap backup unless we get a really good trade offer after Luck is cleared to play

Archived