Is Cameron Jordan a HOFer?

sammymvpknight

I think that he's been recognized by the Saints fans and teams within the division for a long time, but where does he stand nationally? I think with this weeks game he has more sacks than anyone in that great 2011 draft class except for Von Miller. Elite run defender, and very good pass rusher. I honestly think that he'll be an even better commenter than he will be a football player. It's pretty common that he'll be giving an interview and the interview recognizes that Jordan is a better interviewer than interviewer. LOL

I'd say yes, but for whatever reason I think he won't get the recognition outside of the city of New Orleans that he deserves. Like his father, he'll be a franchise legend. However that might not be enough for Canton. Feels like a similar situation to Bryant Young with the 49ers. 

Perhaps it strangely has to do with Drew Brees getting all of the attention for what he was doing on offense, in addition to the Saints not always having a good defense all these years. 

3 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I'd say yes, but for whatever reason I think he won't get the recognition outside of the city of New Orleans that he deserves. Like his father, he'll be a franchise legend. However that might not be enough for Canton. Feels like a similar situation to Bryant Young with the 49ers. 

Are you confusing Cam Jordan for Cam Hayward or did Jordan's father play as well? 

I'd say no.. I wouldn't say its close.. I'd say its close-ish

When combining all defensive linemen - from his own era I'd put JJ Watt, Aaron Donald, Cam Heyward, Chandler Jones ahead of him.. and on the same level as Calais Campbell, JPP, Suh, Cox..

My point is, I just don't know if I'll ever look at a ballot and say "Cameron Jordan is the best DL for me to choose from".. and that's my criteria for whether he would make it or not

• Like 1

It may help that he was a member of the 2010's all decade team. It's not a lock when that happens (See Bryant Young), but should certainly help. My gut says that he falls just barely over the HOF line and gets in, especially if he's got a couple more years in him (which he would seem to have based on his production this year). 

Just now, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Steve Jordan was a 6 time Pro Bowl tight end for the Vikings, doing most of his work in the 1980s. 

Holy crap, I vaguely recall steve jordan in the early 90s. 

I never knew Cam Jordan came from a football family. Learn something new every day. 

• Like 1

I think he's a stat accumulator. Never won a ring. Never have I ever thought of Cameron Jordan as one of THE elite Edge Rushers that you HAVE to gameplan for outside of one year. He owes a lot of his paycheck to Matt Ryan as well. At the end of the day, though he is an All-Decade guy (due to being drafted in 2011) I do not think of Jordan as someone that people outside of New Orleans and Atlanta remember. He probably does get in vet committee though for breaking 100 career sacks.

7 hours ago, Apparition said:

yes. He's comparable to Richard Seymour. Probably will have to wait a few years, but I think he'll eventually make it. 

Richard Seymour was an elite player that would have routinely been considered one of the 25 best players in the league and did so in a 2-gapping 3-4 almost all of his career... Cam Jordan was never that.

• Like 1