GDT: Titans @ Texans (#1 seed edition)

Mesa_Titan

17 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I wish Tim Kelly became available and Vrabel replaced Downing with him. Dude can call some plays

didn’t vrabel want to hire him at one point but got blocked from doing so by the texans, since it would’ve been a lateral move? would be an interesting fit but hard to see vrabel getting rid of downing at this point (maybe if downing craps the bed in the playoffs, but uh hopefully that doesn’t happen)

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

didn’t vrabel want to hire him at one point but got blocked from doing so by the texans, since it would’ve been a lateral move? would be an interesting fit but hard to see vrabel getting rid of downing at this point (maybe if downing craps the bed in the playoffs, but uh hopefully that doesn’t happen)

Agreed.  Hard to see the Titans making a change just for a slight upgrade.  Especially under Vrabel, who likes "his" guys.

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Agreed.  Hard to see the Titans making a change just for a slight upgrade.  Especially under Vrabel, who likes "his" guys.

Slight? I agree that Vrabel won’t get rid of him. I mean he’s held onto to Aukerman since he’s been here and our special teams has been very mediocre.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

Slight? 

Yeah.  Downing has done fine, despite the losses to injury.  Meanwhile, Kelly's team is last in total offense, 28th in passing, 32nd in rushing, and 30th in points.

Tennessee is 17th in total, 24th in passing, 5th in rushing, and 15th in points.

I know the Texans have had a lot of woes that aren't his fault, but it's not like he's working miracles down in Houston or anything.

6 hours ago, -Hope- said:

sheesh. tannehill was mostly great sunday but what on earth happened here? it's 3rd and 2, that's the easiest first down ever on the drag

That was a play I saw during the game and was like "Tanny WTF?!"
This along with the Juilo Miss and Juilo force.