GDT: Titans @ Texans (#1 seed edition)

Mesa_Titan

12 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Meh, Dupree story doesn’t seem like much. Not my favorite thing, not how I want a player celebrating a division title, but probably amounts to nothing long term.

it also seems quite out of character for him and he doesn't have any history of stuff like this. definitely not great, but yeah, i'm not especially concerned.

Okay here we go. This while not a must win is a big season boost win. In the past we have struggled to win games we should that are not must wins.  Games that would have clinched playoffs earlier in year for instance.   In my mind win this and our odds of making Super Bowl go from 30-40% to 70-80%.  
THUS THEY NEED THIS

There are three kinds of misdemeanor assault: physical contact (i.e. hitting a guy), which is the most serious (A level misdemeanor, max of 11 months and 29 days in jail, up to a $15,000 fine); fear of bodily injury (getting in someone's face, for instance--also an A misdemeanor, but without the possible heightened fine); and offensive touching (someone touches your butt), which is a B misdemeanor.

Despite it being an A, DA's almost universally see fear of bodily injury as the least serious.

Any half competent attorney can get that dismissed.  It's a nothing charge.

8 minutes ago, quiller said:

Okay here we go. This while not a must win is a big season boost win. In the past we have struggled to win games we should that are not must wins.  Games that would have clinched playoffs earlier in year for instance.   In my mind win this and our odds of making Super Bowl go from 30-40% to 70-80%.  
THUS THEY NEED THIS

So, how long have you been a Titans fan?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

If the video going around is the only thing he did in the story the charges will be dropped pretty much immediately. He needs to not be interacting with the public in that manner though.

Looks like his group went into store.  Someone got into something. Sure someone said something disrespectful to him or his crew. And things went south there. 

I know exactly where this is.. It's actually a Rite-aid if i'm not mistaken. It's minutes from the stadium. Right on the edge of a gentrified area. Not exactly a place you go when you want to start trouble, but still have some people in the area that don't give AF who you are and would love a nice come up with an NFL player. 

Likely stopped there after the game on the way to hit the interstate from there heading back to the Brentwood area where a lot of Titans stay. 

32 minutes ago, 615finest said:

5 legit starters from 1 draft.. Gotta love it 

Thank god for that draft because recent drafts….

jay z GIF

Since that draft….

1st - Isaiah Wilson

2nd - Kristian Fulton - Huge pick. He’s definitely showed out this season. Just wish he could stay healthy.

3rd - Darrynton Evans - Can’t stay healthy. 

5th - Larell Murchison - Depth player but can’t stay healthy. 

7th - Cole McDonald - L-O-L

7th - Chris Jackson - For a 7th round pick, I’d say we got great value. Awesome pick.

We did get Tart from this draft class as well and he’s turned into a solid starter. 

1st - Caleb Farley - Kids got everything you want when making a create a player madden CB. Size and the athleticism but has an injury rating of about zero. Back issues with multiple torn ACLs now. I have no faith in him to stay healthy. Loses a year of development so now it’ll be pretty much two years since he’s played consistent football.

2nd - Dillion Radunz - Apparently can’t even beat out the worst RT in football for the job.

3rd - Monty Rice - Actually was playing solid and likely takes the Evans role next year. Out for year though.

3rd - Elijah Molden - Good pick. Thrives in that early down nickel role.

4th - Dez Fitzpatrick - L-o-L

4th - Big fan of Weavers but surprise surprise, out for the year.

6th - Racey McMath - Gunner and that’s about it. Asked to play WR right now and clearly has business playing it.

6th - Brady Breeze - I think he’s with the Lions now.

Another draft where we got a good UDFA DL in NaQuan Jones. 

In the past two drafts we’ve currently got 1 good starter in Fulton. A solid starter in Tart and then some solid nickels in Molden and Jackson. Maybe next year, that 2021 draft creates some good starters and some solid depth but it’s looking rough right now.

13 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Thank god for that draft because recent drafts….

jay z GIF

Since that draft….

1st - Isaiah Wilson

2nd - Kristian Fulton - Huge pick. He’s definitely showed out this season. Just wish he could stay healthy.

3rd - Darrynton Evans - Can’t stay healthy. 

5th - Larell Murchison - Depth player but can’t stay healthy. 

7th - Cole McDonald - L-O-L

7th - Chris Jackson - For a 7th round pick, I’d say we got great value. Awesome pick.

We did get Tart from this draft class as well and he’s turned into a solid starter. 

1st - Caleb Farley - Kids got everything you want when making a create a player madden CB. Size and the athleticism but has an injury rating of about zero. Back issues with multiple torn ACLs now. I have no faith in him to stay healthy. Loses a year of development so now it’ll be pretty much two years since he’s played consistent football.

2nd - Dillion Radunz - Apparently can’t even beat out the worst RT in football for the job.

3rd - Monty Rice - Actually was playing solid and likely takes the Evans role next year. Out for year though.

3rd - Elijah Molden - Good pick. Thrives in that early down nickel role.

4th - Dez Fitzpatrick - L-o-L

4th - Big fan of Weavers but surprise surprise, out for the year.

6th - Racey McMath - Gunner and that’s about it. Asked to play WR right now and clearly has business playing it.

6th - Brady Breeze - I think he’s with the Lions now.

Another draft where we got a good UDFA DL in NaQuan Jones. 

In the past two drafts we’ve currently got 1 good starter in Fulton. A solid starter in Tart and then some solid nickels in Molden and Jackson. Maybe next year, that 2021 draft creates some good starters and some solid depth but it’s looking rough right now.

2021 draft still looks good in my mind, the 2020 one is pretty bad, though. All that being said, there are much worse drafts out there.

25 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

2021 draft still looks good in my mind, the 2020 one is pretty bad, though. All that being said, there are much worse drafts out there.

Still looks good? How? Our round pick is on IR, our 2nd round pick can’t see the field over the worst RT in the league, and we traded up for a barely draftable player who also can’t see the field. 3 of the draft picks are out for the year. I have no idea how it looks good right now.

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Still looks good? How? Our round pick is on IR, our 2nd round pick can’t see the field over the worst RT in the league, and we traded up for a barely draftable player who also can’t see the field. 3 of the draft picks are out for the year. I have no idea how it looks good right now.

And last year Fulton had barely played.

We had a ton of injuries, all over, including lots of guys with no injury history.  Elijah Molden looks good right now.  Monty Rice looked good pre-injury.  Rashad Weaver looked good pre-injury.  Dillon Radunz showed enormous improvement from his first start.

Your draft class isn't supposed to make an immediate impact.  That's generally an unrealistic expectation.  Given the team's record with development, there's still a lot of reasons to like the draft class.