(Discussion) Designing The 2022 and Beyond Leadership & Coaching Staff

gopherwrestler

So Ozzy, the solution then is to trade Cousins to Denver for their first round pick plus a couple of their backup CB's?  That would not only free up 35 million in cap space but go a long way in solving our CB situation?

Edited by perrynoid
Added material

If Rick is retained in some form I would think he would maintain ultimate say in roster construction that probably makes us less attractive to guys like McDaniels who I assume wants full control. 

Who are some candidates that wouldn't demand full control?

48 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

So Ozzy, the solution then is to trade Cousins to Denver for their first round pick plus a couple of their backup CB's?  That would not only free up 35 million in cap space but go a long way in solving our CB situation?

I never thought of that but yeah I would trade Cousins to Denver, hell throw Teddy this way and sign him.  Depends on how much Paton likes Cousins or not.

But sure I would trade and want two of these guys either Ojemudia CB, Sterns S, Callahan CB, Jamar Johnson S or Duke Dawson CB/S arguably.  Doubt they would get rid of any of those other guys but who knows.  

Corners:
Pat Surtain II

Kyle Fuller
Ronald Darby
Michael Ojemudia
Bryce Callahan
Duke Dawson Jr.

Safeties:
Justin Simmons

Kareem Jackson
Clinton-Dix
Caden Sterns
Jamar Johnson
PJ Locke

Still show me a more deep and talented secondary, maybe New England but not even sure they are as deep honestly especially now without Gilmore.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

No way Houston lets go of their guy after just hiring him, same with the Giants.  It is not like either one was Urban Meyer in terms of F ups this season for either team.  Seattle sure but only if they fire him which I doubt or Pete wants out which I doubt.

Houston hired Culley for the sole reason to try to appease Watson. He’s not who that front office wants. 

Joe Judge has completely alienated that locker room. He’s lost any and all credibility. They are getting a new GM, who may want his own guy. 

There’s a long standing issue between Russell and Carrol. Seattle will let go of Carrol to try and fix the relationship with Wilson. 

The Giants will likely give Judge another year under the new GM, who will then likely fire him after next year.  The Seahawks could go either way and I wouldn't be surprised.  Houston will likely go after McDaniels.  They aren't firing Culley just to hire anyone.  I'm trying to see if there could be any surprise firings, but don't see one.  

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Houston hired Culley for the sole reason to try to appease Watson. He’s not who that front office wants. 

Joe Judge has completely alienated that locker room. He’s lost any and all credibility. They are getting a new GM, who may want his own guy. 

There’s a long standing issue between Russell and Carrol. Seattle will let go of Carrol to try and fix the relationship with Wilson. 

I thought Watson was pounding the table for Bieniemy? Culley is just a placeholder for the guy they are grooming, I have no idea who that is. Josh McDaniels? Internally? 

Retaining Rick in some upstairs capacity, should mean we might not get an ultra aggressive type of GM. Who knows if Rick is given a significant say in who is actually hired. Prospective GMs will think, in not going someone where I need to coddle up to Rick and he might want authority over the moves I do. 

maybe they can give Rick something like executive Vice President of Communication and Fan Experience  

2 hours ago, BWG VIKE said:

If Rick is retained in some form I would think he would maintain ultimate say in roster construction that probably makes us less attractive to guys like McDaniels who I assume wants full control. 

Who are some candidates that wouldn't demand full control?

So he'd still be the GM?

I don't think I'd want a coach that wants full control

10 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

If Spielman gets reassigned within the organization, he’s not going to have any say in football/roster decisions. Otherwise they’d simply keep him as the GM. 

Honestly I’m not fully sure, this is the dysfunctional Vikings. Worse case scenario, he is moved to a president position, he hires a GM, but still wants say in roster construction. 

what’s a new GM to do, i mean Rick might be his defacto/indirect boss.  

3 hours ago, perrynoid said:

I think it's insane to think you're getting a top 12 pick for Kirk Cousins.