(Discussion) Designing The 2022 and Beyond Leadership & Coaching Staff

gopherwrestler

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The only way that the Vikings get a 1st is if it’s a conditional pick in 2023. Like what Philadelphia and Indianapolis agreed to. 

Except Wentz is younger, cheaper, and signed to multiple years after the trade.  None of which Kirk is.

I don’t believe Zimmer would ever quit. So he will end up fired. 

I honestly have enough “like” “respect”, not sure what I want to call it, that he could end up staying around the organization for a couple years if he wanted. never really had the little bit of emotion seeing a coach getting moved on from. 

I’m not sure that this has been mentioned yet, but for those who will most assuredly expect the Vikings to make a hire within 24 hours of Mike Zimmer’s departure, it took the Vikings 2 weeks to hire Mike Zimmer after they fired Leslie Frazier. 

I would expect a similar timeline.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m not sure that this has been mentioned yet, but for those who will most assuredly expect the Vikings to make a hire within 24 hours of Mike Zimmer’s departure, it took the Vikings 2 weeks to hire Mike Zimmer after they fired Leslie Frazier. 

I hope they take their time. Hate to be in this spot again in 3 years. For better or worse, Zimmer’s one of the longer tenured head coaches in the league. Stability has been nice, but I guess it’s gotten us accustomed to being happy with a playoff appearance every other year. 

11 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Could be faster if they are looking for a GM first. Typically would have a coach in mind.