(Discussion) Designing The 2022 and Beyond Leadership & Coaching Staff

gopherwrestler

3 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I honestly don't know why you lost it

I don't quite understand it either.  They run it the right way, just haven't got the results yet.  I've been proud of the franchise, but on the field, it has soured over the past couple of years.    

2 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Firing head coaches that don't make the playoffs mean that they care about winning /s

The problem is that they have been winning...the last 2 years in a row.  It's about building a foundation for success.  If someone has some success (which they have)( and then you cut them off at the knees, you're only doing damage to yourself.  He clearly doesn't care about winning...he expects miracles.  

Edited by swede700

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I mean Zimmer has been the longest tenured head coach without a ring. Same with Spielman. Not much reason to believe they cared about fielding a super bowl winner vs keeping competitive.

Other than putting millions upon millions in escrow for guaranteed contracts, giving Rick and Zim everything they said they needed to make a super bowl push, new team facility, letting football people handle football things... that's not just done to keep competitive, IMO.

2 minutes ago, RpMc said:

If you were given the opportunity to advocate for one of the assistant coaches to stay.  Who would you choose, and what would you say?

In their current role?

McCardell. And I’d simply point to the jump in production and development of Osborn. 

49 minutes ago, RpMc said:

If you were given the opportunity to advocate for one of the assistant coaches to stay.  Who would you choose, and what would you say?

My 2 top priorities to retain as assistant coaches are Ficken and Rauscher.  I want continuity on ST and OL.  As far as any of the others, they're either replaceable to me or I'd like to keep but I'm not especially advocating for.