(Discussion) Designing The 2022 and Beyond Leadership & Coaching Staff

gopherwrestler

1 minute ago, RpMc said:

This has been brought up by Ben Leber on KFAN, but what would you all think of having the CEO type head coach (Leber mentioned David Shaw)?  Doesn't necessarily bring scheme to the table (allows their coordinators to do that).

I've always liked Shaw, especially since he has ties to the organization through his dad, but I wouldn't leave the good gig he has at Stanford.  There aren't many CEO types out there, but if they're available, sure, I'd consider them.  I'd think you're talking about some ST guys, as they would most likely be the CEO type...guys like the current Raiders interim coach Rich Bisaccia or maybe John Fassel out of Dallas.  Just for the hell of it, we could bring Heath Farwell back as HC.

🤣

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I think he’s the best candidate out there for this team.

Pederson does, based on what happened in Philly, strike me as a guy who would want full control, or say over who the GM would be.

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

“Experience developing a young quarterback” 

Not sure I’d call Wentz’ development a success. 

Not only Wentz, but look at the other young QBs he's "developed":  Aaron Murray, Mike Kafka, Chase Daniel and Tyler Bray,  

The more I think about this, i hope it doesn't get ugly for the team and organization.   Part of me wants the Vikes to fire only Adam Zimmer.  I think he is a problem behind lockerroom doors.

Part of me thinks this roster is too loaded to start over.   That's why I think Speilman stays.   Bryz and Rick need to fix the cap debacle and that's a tall task.  Any new GM could easily come in and dump Hunter and Cousins . . . Then we could be watching a team that we saw last week -- for a whole season.   The Vikes have some older players, yes .  . . And they have pro-bowlers in their prime.   Truly, I think Kendricks did things no other MLB did this year.   O'Neill rocked it, but because tge line was soon bad last year, he didn't get cred for this year.  

Ultimately, a guy coming in only needs to nature relationships with some of the studs . . . And make a decision on Cousins and Kubiak.   Its hard to argue with the offense's firepower, and I think Kubiak will get better with Irvine Smith returning . . . Plus the OLine should be unruly next year.

The decision on Cousins though?   Man, we have had a franchise QB since Culpepper took that shot to his knee.   Cousins seems close, but yet so far.  Is he getting a fair shake?   Yeah, he has . . . Problem is he has to win it all to prove that he's the franchise guy.

32 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Not only Wentz, but look at the other young QBs he's "developed":  Aaron Murray, Mike Kafka, Chase Daniel and Tyler Bray,  

Exactly. I think Pederson could do well with an established vet like Cousins, but if the plan is to trade Cousins and draft a young QB then Pederson would be off my radar. 

18 minutes ago, ArcticNorseman said:

The more I think about this, i hope it doesn't get ugly for the team and organization.   Part of me wants the Vikes to fire only Adam Zimmer.  I think he is a problem behind lockerroom doors.

Part of me thinks this roster is too loaded to start over.   That's why I think Speilman stays.   Bryz and Rick need to fix the cap debacle and that's a tall task.  Any new GM could easily come in and dump Hunter and Cousins . . . Then we could be watching a team that we saw last week -- for a whole season.   The Vikes have some older players, yes .  . . And they have pro-bowlers in their prime.   Truly, I think Kendricks did things no other MLB did this year.   O'Neill rocked it, but because tge line was soon bad last year, he didn't get cred for this year.  

Ultimately, a guy coming in only needs to nature relationships with some of the studs . . . And make a decision on Cousins and Kubiak.   Its hard to argue with the offense's firepower, and I think Kubiak will get better with Irvine Smith returning . . . Plus the OLine should be unruly next year.

The decision on Cousins though?   Man, we have had a franchise QB since Culpepper took that shot to his knee.   Cousins seems close, but yet so far.  Is he getting a fair shake?   Yeah, he has . . . Problem is he has to win it all to prove that he's the franchise guy.

I just don’t see where the team is “loaded”. 

Weve got great skill position players, a young OL and a fringe top 10 QB. On defense, it’s a different story. We have maybe two starters going forward that we can have any confidence in. The rest are free agents or have some injury concerns. In terms of depth, not confident there’s much of that, especially on defense, it’s abysmal. 

So looking at talent that we can be confident in... Cousins (maybe), Cook, Jefferson, Thielen, Osborn, Darrisaw, Cleveland, O’Neill, Kendricks, Smith. It’s honestly a short list at this point and probably near middle of the pack in terms of long term core players.