Yosh Nijman

Old Guy

I love this kid's story. Raise your hand if you weren't nervous when he had to take over for Jenkins? He's given up some plays, but I can't really remember a play where you think, he's not no chance against this guy. 

Still want Bak back for the playoffs, but the way Yosh is playing, might have given the coaching staff a comfort level to allow Bak to stay out as long as he has. 

'My name’s not Josh. It’s Yosh.’ The ‘totally amazing’ story of Yosh Nijman continues | Professional Football | chippewa.com

Probably going to lose him in the off season though. Way too many teams are terrible at LT and he's move than serviceable. 

6 minutes ago, NavyGuy said:

He's an RFA so probably put a 2nd round tender on him and see if a team bites.

Doesn't seem like it's a great year for tackles in this coming draft. Neal and Cross are the two locks in round 1. Might be a few more who work their way into the bottom of round 1. In other words, you probably aren't finding your LT in this draft for the 2022 season. 

48 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Probably going to lose him in the off season though. Way too many teams are terrible at LT and he's move than serviceable. 

Given that he's an ERFA at the end of the year, Gute deserves to get fired if he doesn't tender him an offer (~$850k).

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Spotrac is wrong.  He's got 2 years of service after this year, which means he's an ERFA.

I did see that and Lazard has three which is why I wasn't sure. There is one less spot to fill next year on the roster. We've got some depth at tackle next year. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

I did see that and Lazard has three which is why I wasn't sure. There is one less spot to fill next year on the roster. We've got some depth at tackle next year. 

Directly from the CBA.

For the purposes of calculating Accrued Seasons under this Agreement, a player shall receive one Accrued Season for each season during which he was on, or should have been on, full pay status for a total of six or more regular season games (which shall include any games encompassed in any injury settlement, injury grievance settlement or injury grievance award), but which, irrespective of the player’s pay status, shall not include games for which the player was on: (i) the Exempt Commissioner Permission List, (ii) the Reserve PUP List as a result of a nonfootball injury, or (iii) a Club’s Practice Squad.

So he counts as an accrued season where he was either on the 53 man roster or on the IR for at least six games.  In his rookie year, he was signed to the active roster November 26th, but waived on December 22nd.  That means he only was "active" for 3 games, so he doesn't get counted for an accrued season in 2019.  2020 and 2021 both count, so he's got 2 years of service.  Same with Lazard only he's a year ahead of Njiman.

• Like 2