Rams vs Niners

NVRamsFan

Week 18 (still weird saying that) and we host the Niners. McVay has to right the ship against these guys and I think for that to happen we need a healthy dose of Michel and Akers and some clean play from #9. Another guy that needs to step up is Darious Williams, not worried about Ramsey but we need a 2nd player in the secondary to step up and hoping it's DWill. As for Akers...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Week 18 (still weird saying that) and we host the Niners. McVay has to right the ship against these guys and I think for that to happen we need a healthy dose of Michel and Akers and some clean play from #9. Another guy that needs to step up is Darious Williams, not worried about Ramsey but we need a 2nd player in the secondary to step up and hoping it's DWill. As for Akers...

I pray we can defend the middle of the field this time. And for christ sakes glue Ramsey to Kittle or Deebo. Eliminate one entirely from the game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I pray we can defend the middle of the field this time. And for christ sakes glue Ramsey to Kittle or Deebo. Eliminate one entirely from the game.

With Jones out we have to hope for the best at ILB. I think the key to the game will be how Gaines plays at DT. I read something he’s 5th I think for DT in run stop percentage. This will be a game to test our patience as fans with Morris and his bend don’t break style

11 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Middle of the field will not be in use with Lance at QB. He is the opposite of Jimmy and makes his living on the outside. Kind of similar to Wilson, a quarterback you guys almost always play well.

Lance is a better match up for this defense than Jimmy is. But expect a run heavy game plan just like the prior game and then some shot plays off of that. 

I think our defense can play this offense fairly well. Definitely won't shut this offense down or anything but hold them to around 20-23 points. 

Should be a good one either way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MDY10 said:

If I’m being honest… I’ve been dreading this game for weeks. Before the the first Niners game, I was dreading THAT one since the season started lol 

There's a small part of me that would honestly almost rather lose this game than win. Because there's a realistic scenario that we win this week and have to face the 49ers again the WC round if Atlanta beats New Orleans. I think the worst way this season can end is losing to the 49ers with Deebo flexing after running a 3rd 8 minute drive down our throats. 

Edited by LeotheLion
  • Like 1

Im not picking the Rams in this game until I actually see them finally win. Its not like the Rams cant beat the Niners with McVay against Kyle bc they beat them once in 2017. They lost to them in Week 17 in that same season but the Rams were resting their starters. Then in the 2018 the Rams swept the Niners. Its just the past two seasons plus this season the Rams have had trouble with the Niners. I thought the Rams couldve won in the 2nd meeting in 2019 but the Rams gave up two 3rd and very long plays which led to Gould kicking the game-winning field goal. So again the Rams are more than capable of beating the Niners they just havent done so as of late. 

What I will say is that this game is definitely the game where if the Rams ever want to finally beat them the time is now. The division is on the line and the 2 seed is on the line. If the Rams win they can assure at least two home playoff games and if the Packers get upset in the divisional round then the Rams could very well have homefield advantage throughout the playoffs including the Superbowl. Then it also locks in the Rams not playing the Niners again in the playoffs unless the Niners advance. If the Rams lose then I believe the Rams will play them again in the wildcard round and thats something the Rams dont want to happen. The Rams really have to win this game and if they do and the Saints beat the Falcons then the Rams will be playing the Saints in the 1st round in LA and thats the best possible matchup of the entire playoffs. Thats a great team to face for Stafford to finally get that monkey off his back in the playoffs. Its almost a BYE for the Rams at home against the Saints bc as good as the Saints defense is, we know the Rams match up well against the Saints even when they had Brees and Thomas. The Saints offense is literally no good and it dont matter how their defense is playing they wont be able to score enough points to win. So this Niners game have more than just the Rams getting the monkey off their back beating the Niners. It has more than just them getting the divisional crown and the 2 seed in the playoffs. If the Rams win it could mean possibly keeping the Niners out of the playoffs and playing easiest potential team in the playoffs the Saints if the Saints can beat the Falcons which honestly I dont think they will so maybe it would be a mute point anyways the Niners will still make it. Then we are saying the Rams v the Eagles and that game will be tougher but still the Rams would be more than favorable to make easy work of. 

Oh and Ill just mention that either the raw rookie Lance might play or a very banged up Jimmy G will play. This game is right there for the Rams to take if they are finally going to beat the Niners. If they dont and Lance goes on to develop the way many think he can then this Niners team will even be that much scary moving forward. 

Edited by stl4life07

This is an absolute must win for us. Not only for confidence moving forward but for seeding reasons. 

if we win this we have at least two home playoff games with maybe a third of the packers are taken out somehow, not to mention a home Super Bowl.

why oh why does it have to be our kyrptonite? Especially when they have a must win situation themselves. I’m not lying, I’m excited but hella nervous too.

that being said if Stafford is just slightly better at protecting the ball, I see us winning 23 to 20, in a very very hard fought fight.

If our QB can stop turning the ball over and gift wrapping points to the other team then we should be solid not only against the Niners, but every other team we could potentially face as well. 

The defense needs to stop taking bad angles and missing tackles. It’s maddening to watch them give up 3rd and 8 because someone is out of position or missed an assignment. 

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 11:13 AM, BStanRamFan said:

That said, there also needs to be the willingness to move Ramsey onto whichever of the two establishes himself (Kittle or Deebo) as Shanahan's "chosen guy" (Forge and I have discussed this at some length, Kyle hasn't outright said it, but it's fairly obvious he gameplans to heavily feature 1 of his players each game and forces that narrative) and make Shanahan adapt (or see if he will).

59 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

That said, there also needs to be the willingness to move Ramsey onto whichever of the two establishes himself (Kittle or Deebo) as Shanahan's "chosen guy" (Forge and I have discussed this at some length, Kyle hasn't outright said it, but it's fairly obvious he gameplans to heavily feature 1 of his players each game and forces that narrative) and make Shanahan adapt (or see if he will).

I don't know if it is just that. Like Kittle had two 150+ yard games and then against the Titans was hardly utilized. But the Titans made sure he was not part of the game plan as they put two or three defenders on him on almost every route. There have been times where Shanny had a game plan where Aiyuk was going to get heavily targeted vs the Packers on Thursday Night when there were a bunch of injuries but he ended up testing positive for Covid and Richie James had 9 catches for 180+ yards. But does Shanny do that when he has all his weapons at his disposal? Not sure, think it just depends on how the defense is playing them. I can't possibly believe that Deebo had one catch for three consecutive games because Shanny did not want him featured in those games. 

We're not a pass heavy team so usually only one receiver goes off. If Jimmy threw the ball 40+ times a game, then that would be different. 

• Like 1