Rams vs Niners

NVRamsFan

33 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

How come when TJ Watt is about to break the sack record it’s amazing and he’s the DPOY but when Kupp breaks a record it’s because he had an extra game and a product of the system lol 

Funny thing is if you look at the rest of Watt's stats like pressures, QB hits, pass rush productivity, etc, they are mediocre at best. They are pretty much just going to give him the award because what AD does is considered normal for him now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MDY10 said:

How come when TJ Watt is about to break the sack record it’s amazing and he’s the DPOY but when Kupp breaks a record it’s because he had an extra game and a product of the system lol 

I think part of it is Watt missed some time so he's not going to take 17 games to do it. But if Kupp breaks the record, it will likely come with less targets than Megatron.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JonStark said:

Funny thing is if you look at the rest of Watt's stats like pressures, QB hits, pass rush productivity, etc, they are mediocre at best. They are pretty much just going to give him the award because what AD does is considered normal for him now.

They gave the DPOY to the man with the most sacks...others stats doesn't matter

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

I think part of it is Watt missed some time so he's not going to take 17 games to do it. But if Kupp breaks the record, it will likely come with less targets than Megatron.

Yeah I get that, but in a 16 game season he still wouldn’t get it. Hurt or not. I’m not discrediting TJ. It just happens to be that he’s so close to a record as well and no one bags on it being in 17 games. 

And as for Kupp, I’ll take him being where he is now in yards after 16 games because Calvin had 15 TDs compared to CJs 4 or 5. People tend to forget that. 

1 minute ago, MDY10 said:

Yeah I get that, but in a 16 game season he still wouldn’t get it. Hurt or not. I’m not discrediting TJ. It just happens to be that he’s so close to a record as well and no one bags on it being in 17 games. 

And as for Kupp, I’ll take him being where he is now in yards after 16 games because Calvin had 15 TDs compared to CJs 4 or 5. People tend to forget that. 

Lol I don't. I had Megatron that year in fantasy and it was so frustrating that he never scored. Felt bad complaining since he was putting up monster yardage. I also have Kupp this year too so I can be unbiased and say his season was better.

• Like 1

If there is a way that I hope the Rams win this weekend it’s by being more physical. I’d really love for them to show they can out physical one of the most physical teams in the league. If they do that I think it’ll set the tone going into the playoffs. It would erase all doubt about being bullied against these types of teams. 

11 hours ago, MDY10 said:

If there is a way that I hope the Rams win this weekend it’s by being more physical. I’d really love for them to show they can out physical one of the most physical teams in the league. If they do that I think it’ll set the tone going into the playoffs. It would erase all doubt about being bullied against these types of teams. 

Compared to our last meeting, we have a semi-effective/mediocre run game with Michel that we didn't have before. It should allow for more successful play action, we just need to limit the turnovers and we win. Defensively, I can't wait for Lance to meet Aaron Donald lol We need to utilize Ramsey much more effectively in this matchup than the previous one.

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Compared to our last meeting, we have a semi-effective/mediocre run game with Michel that we didn't have before. It should allow for more successful play action, we just need to limit the turnovers and we win. Defensively, I can't wait for Lance to meet Aaron Donald lol We need to utilize Ramsey much more effectively in this matchup than the previous one.

I think Jimmy is going to start, not Lance

The goal of the game is ultimately to win. But I wonder how much thought the staff has put in that even if we win, there's a legit shot we have the 49ers again the next week. Are they going to hold some stuff back in that event? Because it just takes a Saints loss to get that which is probably 35-40% likely. 

2 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

We'll have none of your reverse-psychology'ing trying to work your way to a desired result around here!  Take that garbage to NFLG.😆

Honestly, I'm not even all that mad at it. If Jimmy is truly healthy (this is the part I have a hard time believing, but I won't know until he starts playing), he probably gives us the best chance to win this game and I want to make the playoffs. I don't think Lance not playing this one is going to overly hinder his career trajectory at this point, so give me the better chance to win. 

As this game gets a little closer I like our odds more and more. All’s I keep hearing from the national media is “5 straight” “5 straight” “5 straight” that has to sting with our boys something fierce. Not to mention that whole deebo necklace thing he pulled last game is Bulletin board material. 

No question the 49ers are the big bad for us. But I just have this feeling the Rams want this smoke. They want to put this team on the couch themselves and they are angry about 5 straight none sense.

I started off thinking we would win 23-20.

im thinking something closer to 30-17 now. I can almost feel Aaron Donald’s rage from here.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Some question on whether or not Trent Williams plays. Obviously if he doesn't, the niners are going to be in a world of hurt against you guys. 

I didn’t know he was that banged up? I thought it was just a rest day…