Rams vs Niners

NVRamsFan

22 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Pretty much.

There is no excuse for losing that game. We were up 17-0 with the ball and a 3rd and 1 to go. Then we were up 24-17 with a minute to go against Jimmy G with no timeouts. Morris switched to zone and they destroyed us. Refused to run blitz too.

As for the offense, here's a shocker, Mcvay can't adjust. Our OL was getting abused all game and he refuses to run short concepts. God forbid he throw a RB screen in there. Stafford turned back into a pumpkin, but a lot of it was the pressure. He had no where to step up into the pocket. Odell beat his man on that last interception though. 

Yeah we got the division, but we aren't making a run if we can't close games like this out. Legit sick to my stomach.

Jimmy G is obviously average but he is super clutch. Needed a TD vs Cincy/LAR/Tenn/GB and got one in every game. We lost two of those games because the opposing team scored at the end but Jimmy did his job… Though the caveat is that he was also a reason why those games were as close as they were with his stupid INTs. 

The game came down to McVay running it on 3rd and 7 and not going for the kill. He is so damn conservative but Kyle has a similar problem.

Good game fellas! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Jimmy G is obviously average but he is super clutch. Needed a TD vs Cincy/LAR/Tenn/GB and got one in every game. We lost two of those games because the opposing team scored at the end but Jimmy did his job… Though the caveat is that he was also a reason why those games were as close as they were with his stupid INTs. 

The game came down to McVay running it on 3rd and 7 and not going for the kill. He is so damn conservative but Kyle has a similar problem.

Good game fellas! 

Yeah I'll give him credit there. I had a Saints fan texting me saying "see you next week" so pretty much everyone counted him out but he got it done. 

Hate losing to you guys more than anything now but you earned it. Like I said, there were two points in the game that a team should be able to finish the game off and you guys battled back to steal it away. Not a lot of teams would be able to do that. I just hate that we gave you guys a chance to take it from us. 

4 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Yeah I'll give him credit there. I had a Saints fan texting me saying "see you next week" so pretty much everyone counted him out but he got it done. 

Hate losing to you guys more than anything now but you earned it. Like I said, there were two points in the game that a team should be able to finish the game off and you guys battled back to steal it away. Not a lot of teams would be able to do that. I just hate that we gave you guys a chance to take it from us. 

He's such a volatile player but he is definitely clutch, which makes not coming through in the SB even more frustrating. 

We almost outgained you guys by 200 yards and barely won. This is the big issue with this team. If Jimmy could just play a clean game, it would be extremely difficult for any team to beat us. But he is an average QB for a reason. 

You guys are in a solid spot though. You guys have always matched up well vs AZ and then if we best Dallas, you guys play TB, another team you guys match up well against. Now, if Dallas beats us, you guys play GB. Not sure how you feel about that match up but I feel like they are going to have a quick exit. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Rumor is rams are playing Monday vs Arizona. I'm asking off work on Tuesday for a hangover day 

I knew we would be. Us getting a late game was always going to happen but I have off on Monday so of course they pick the night where I'm not off the next day. 

I really wanted the division winner shirt this year but I can't get a shirt that says we run the west right now.

So this is why I wasnt picking the Rams or even confident that we would win? The Niners have our number in the same way the Saints have the Bucs number and the Dolphins have the Pats number when the game is in Miami. No matter the team or situation there is a psychological factor at play when one team knows they own the opposing team. Yes I thought it was great the Rams jumped out to a 17-0 lead. Yes I thought it was great Stafford led the team down the field in the 4th quarter to take the lead. It was only a matter of time though the Niners given chance after chance that their confidence in knowing the own the Rams would show. 

I dont put this loss on Stafford. Anyone who does, I cant help you. Stafford again was money in the 4th quarter. Those two throws to Kupp that ended as a td for the Rams to go up by 7 was clutch. Stafford left the field with his team winning. Rams defense shouldve made another stop to seal the win. I cant be too hard on the defense though bc they did make two stops prior. One heck of a int by Ramsey that led to Stafford go head td drive to Kupp. Then the Rams came up big again with a Miller sack that forced the Niners to punt. I place the blame on McVay. He went real conservative and ran the ball three straight times to no success. I wouldve at least passed once. I was screaming on 3rd down to playaction bc the Niners was looking for the run. Had Stafford playaction and hit a receiver for the 1st down the game wouldve been over. Rams win. I didnt like the fact that in the 3rd quarter McVay decided not to run the ball at all. Stafford was getting hit like crazy. So I dont blame Stafford. He is the one that made it possible for the Rams to have a chance after playing a great 1st half and coming in the clutch in the 4th quarter. The playcalling in the 2nd half and the defense not showing up at all in the 2nd half outside of two drives is what killed the Rams.

With all that being said, this is a blessing in disguise for the Rams. They host the Cards which they own so the confidence is going to be sky high. The Cards are reeling after now losing 4 out of 5. Then if everything hold serve the Rams will get a banged up Bucs team in Tampa. Yes traveling to Tampa wont be easy but the Bucs arent the same team. They are banged up and the Rams have success against Brady. So the path to the NFCCG is still there to see either Green Bay or the Niners. I dont want to see either team but if the Rams want to get to where they want to go they eventually have to beat them. The Bucs got dominated by the Saints both times in the regular season and found a way to beat them in the playoffs. The Rams mindset need to be to just find a way to win and advance. I hope Stafford ankle will be ok bc if it is ok I feel great about our chances to beat the Cards then beat the Bucs. 

30 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He's such a volatile player but he is definitely clutch, which makes not coming through in the SB even more frustrating. 

We almost outgained you guys by 200 yards and barely won. This is the big issue with this team. If Jimmy could just play a clean game, it would be extremely difficult for any team to beat us. But he is an average QB for a reason. 

You guys are in a solid spot though. You guys have always matched up well vs AZ and then if we best Dallas, you guys play TB, another team you guys match up well against. Now, if Dallas beats us, you guys play GB. Not sure how you feel about that match up but I feel like they are going to have a quick exit. 

As much as I hate losing to the Niners Ive been accepted the fact the Niners have our number. In the same way we have the Cards number, the Saints have the Bucs number, and the Dolphins have the Pats number when the game is play down in Miami. I think Belichick is now (9-13) when the Pats play the Dolphins in Miami. 

The Rams path like you said against the Cards and then the Bucs favor the Rams. We own the Cards and not to mention they wont have D-Hop so it makes it even harder for them. Then if the Rams get by them we see the banged up Bucs team. Ramsey against a hobbled Evans and their backs Fournette and Jones are both banged up. Not to mention a few key players on defense is still hurt. The Bucs will be favored and everyone will be picking the Bucs bc of Brady but I love the Rams in that game. So the path for the Rams imo is better based on matchups up until the NFCCG if they get that far.

Props to the Niners for fighting back. They definitely dont quit and if there was one team that was going to break McVay record for consecutive wins after leading at halftime it wouldve been the Niners lol. 

11 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

So this is why I wasnt picking the Rams or even confident that we would win? The Niners have our number in the same way the Saints have the Bucs number and the Dolphins have the Pats number when the game is in Miami. No matter the team or situation there is a psychological factor at play when one team knows they own the opposing team. Yes I thought it was great the Rams jumped out to a 17-0 lead. Yes I thought it was great Stafford led the team down the field in the 4th quarter to take the lead. It was only a matter of time though the Niners given chance after chance that their confidence in knowing the own the Rams would show. 

I dont put this loss on Stafford. Anyone who does, I cant help you. Stafford again was money in the 4th quarter. Those two throws to Kupp that ended as a td for the Rams to go up by 7 was clutch. Stafford left the field with his team winning. Rams defense shouldve made another stop to seal the win. I cant be too hard on the defense though bc they did make two stops prior. One heck of a int by Ramsey that led to Stafford go head td drive to Kupp. Then the Rams came up big again with a Miller sack that forced the Niners to punt. I place the blame on McVay. He went real conservative and ran the ball three straight times to no success. I wouldve at least passed once. I was screaming on 3rd down to playaction bc the Niners was looking for the run. Had Stafford playaction and hit a receiver for the 1st down the game wouldve been over. Rams win. I didnt like the fact that in the 3rd quarter McVay decided not to run the ball at all. Stafford was getting hit like crazy. So I dont blame Stafford. He is the one that made it possible for the Rams to have a chance after playing a great 1st half and coming in the clutch in the 4th quarter. The playcalling in the 2nd half and the defense not showing up at all in the 2nd half outside of two drives is what killed the Rams.

With all that being said, this is a blessing in disguise for the Rams. They host the Cards which they own so the confidence is going to be sky high. The Cards are reeling after now losing 4 out of 5. Then if everything hold serve the Rams will get a banged up Bucs team in Tampa. Yes traveling to Tampa wont be easy but the Bucs arent the same team. They are banged up and the Rams have success against Brady. So the path to the NFCCG is still there to see either Green Bay or the Niners. I dont want to see either team but if the Rams want to get to where they want to go they eventually have to beat them. The Bucs got dominated by the Saints both times in the regular season and found a way to beat them in the playoffs. The Rams mindset need to be to just find a way to win and advance. I hope Stafford ankle will be ok bc if it is ok I feel great about our chances to beat the Cards then beat the Bucs. 

The Rams gave that game away. That is in no way a blessing in disguise for our momentum heading into the postseason, not to mention our road got a lot tougher. We went from not having to see the Packers in Lambeau until the NFCCG if they made it there to most likely seeing them in the divisional round off a bye. 

If you don't think this type of game takes all of the wind out of your sails, I don't know what to tell you. 

This one falls on Raheem Morris and Matt Stafford. Stafford came through in the clutch on the Kupp TD, but he blew it twice in a row with that sack at the end of regulation and the terrible pick in OT. Morris has no excuse for the god awful defensive performances at the end of each half. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

The Rams gave that game away. That is in no way a blessing in disguise for our momentum heading into the postseason, not to mention our road got a lot tougher. We went from not having to see the Packers in Lambeau until the NFCCG if they made it there to most likely seeing them in the divisional round off a bye. 

If you don't think this type of game takes all of the wind out of your sails, I don't know what to tell you. 

I dont and the reason why is bc I keep telling yall that this team is resilient. They wont let this one loss carry over to the playoffs. Yes its a tough loss but all the players in the building say this team is even keel. They dont act any different from a loss or win. Von Miller said that with the Broncos after a loss the team would practice that much harder. He said with the Rams its even keel. Never get too high or too low. The fanbase does but the team doesnt. The Rams still have momentum winning 5 out of 6. We are facing the Cards whom we have owned in the McVay era. We are facing a Cards team that has loss 4 out of 5 and more than likely wont have their most important player in D-Hop. I love our chances. If we get by them we will face the Bucs in the divisional round assuming the Niners beat the Cowboys which we know the Cowboys do Cowboy things. Cowboys will be favored but they have struggled to beat teams that arent in the NFCE. They should win but I wouldnt be shocked if they lost to the Niners. That will then have the Rams play the Bucs which honestly I love our chances against a banged up Bucs team. Now if the Cowboys do win yes the Rams will have to go to Green Bay. The same situation as last season in the divisional round. Imo thats why we got Stafford. Can he get us over the hump and beat a Green Bay in Lambeau? The same reason the Bucs got Brady last season to go on the road in the playoffs and beat Green Bay in Lambeau. So in the end the Rams are going to have to win these types of games regardless in the playoffs. Im confident as long as we dont see the Niners we have a great shot in the playoffs bc imo its all about matchups. Im not worried about this team psyche entering to the playoffs. The only thing Im worried about is how bad is Stafford ankle? If its fine then the Rams will be fine. 

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I kind of agree.  Except that I think we'll see whether or not the league does pressure referees for decisions one way or another.  I'm not one that subscribes to conspiracy theories... except where corporations with heavy monopolies are concerned - because the only thing I think that can be counted on in those later instances are that the corporations are going to do whatever (legal or illegal) to maximize profits for their investors.  And I don't think it's just a case of the "optimum outcome" for the league being a specific Super Bowl matchup (like Packers/Chiefs), but rather a matchup that isn't a marketing drain (cuz it's the Superb Owl, it typically sells itself), a lot of marketable narratives in the playoffs (which they've now got with "Do it for Madden" and "Ben's Possible Last Ride"; and it's for that reason I'm riding heavy on Cincinnati or Derrick Henry - not the Titans, specifically Henry because I think it would be hilarious - in the AFC), and a plethora of media-happy narratives going into the offseason.  And it's the later where what happens to the Packers is going to tilt the scale one way or another.  If they have an early exit the narrative will be the second coming of "Brady-palooza" from a couple seasons ago except "Where will Aaron be traded to?"  If they make it to the SB (I don't even think they need to win, just make it), I'm pretty certain he'll stay - and the league knows it.  So that first game against Green Bay in Green Bay is the only game I think anyone's going to stand an even chance against them, where they're not fighting the Packers, the crowd, the league narrative, and potentially the refs.  Irony being, past that first game I think Rodgers is a smart enough football player to know to ride Derrick Henry 2.0 (aka Quadzilla, aka AJ Dillon) to a Super Bowl berth in a January game in Lambeau.

It probably sounds dirty, but at the same time I have full confidence that several of your players would have done the same had the roles been reversed (Greenlaw at the very least, as chippy as he was playing today), I'm genuinely shocked that none of our players took a swat at the hand of Jimmy's injured thumb today.

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

This one falls on Raheem Morris and Matt Stafford. Stafford came through in the clutch on the Kupp TD, but he blew it twice in a row with that sack at the end of regulation and the terrible pick in OT. Morris has no excuse for the god awful defensive performances at the end of each half. 

Adding McVay to this until he gets the Shanny monkey off his back. It's starts and ends with him and he keeps getting abused by Niner DC's. He's got to figure it out we came out just flat in the 2nd half. And as much as I dislike Morris' D I don't know that we are going to be treated to a change. Not many of us wanted him but with him and McVay being friends I fear we're stuck.

15 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

I kind of agree.  Except that I think we'll see whether or not the league does pressure referees for decisions one way or another.  I'm not one that subscribes to conspiracy theories... except where corporations with heavy monopolies are concerned - because the only thing I think that can be counted on in those later instances are that the corporations are going to do whatever (legal or illegal) to maximize profits for their investors.  And I don't think it's just a case of the "optimum outcome" for the league being a specific Super Bowl matchup (like Packers/Chiefs), but rather a matchup that isn't a marketing drain (cuz it's the Superb Owl, it typically sells itself), a lot of marketable narratives in the playoffs (which they've now got with "Do it for Madden" and "Ben's Possible Last Ride"; and it's for that reason I'm riding heavy on Cincinnati or Derrick Henry - not the Titans, specifically Henry because I think it would be hilarious - in the AFC), and a plethora of media-happy narratives going into the offseason.  And it's the later where what happens to the Packers is going to tilt the scale one way or another.  If they have an early exit the narrative will be the second coming of "Brady-palooza" from a couple seasons ago except "Where will Aaron be traded to?"  If they make it to the SB (I don't even think they need to win, just make it), I'm pretty certain he'll stay - and the league knows it.  So that first game against Green Bay in Green Bay is the only game I think anyone's going to stand an even chance against them, where they're not fighting the Packers, the crowd, the league narrative, and potentially the refs.  Irony being, past that first game I think Rodgers is a smart enough football player to know to ride Derrick Henry 2.0 (aka Quadzilla, aka AJ Dillon) to a Super Bowl berth in a January game in Lambeau.

It probably sounds dirty, but at the same time I have full confidence that several of your players would have done the same had the roles been reversed (Greenlaw at the very least, as chippy as he was playing today), I'm genuinely shocked that none of our players took a swat at the hand of Jimmy's injured thumb today.

One of our guys should have taken Greenlaw's head off for the dirty crap he was doing.

• Like 1