Week 18 GDT - Los Angeles Rams vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

3 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

We would rather play the Eagles or Saints - or the Cardinals, but that one is very unlikely - than the Niners.

If I was a Niners fan, I'd prefer the Rams, but I guess I'll ask:

It's almost equally likely for you to play either the Rams, Bucs or Cowboys - who would y'all prefer?

Obviously we know the Rams better than the other two teams and have had a good amount of success against them in recent years. So probably the Rams but if we beat you guys on Sunday, then we will have to beat you guys three times in one year. When is the last time that happened? Bucs on paper all season have been the toughest match up but now they are down AB and Godwin and have some injuries to the defensive side of the ball. They aren't as scary of a match up anymore. The Cowboys are stacked with talent but aside from the WFT game, they have been very inconsistent for damn near two months. 

I don't know, I just hope we get to the playoffs lol.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

We would rather play the Eagles or Saints - or the Cardinals, but that one is very unlikely - than the Niners.

If I was a Niners fan, I'd prefer the Rams, but I guess I'll ask:

It's almost equally likely for you to play either the Rams, Bucs or Cowboys - who would y'all prefer?

I was saying the Cowboys before, but honestly at this point I would say Tampa. 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Welp, he has a chance to come off the covid list but it will be pushing it right to the limit. 

Our entire secondary is down right now so talking about this game is stupid until we know who will and will not be suiting up on Sunday. 

The hits keep coming. I was really hoping to see E-Man and Ambry on the outside this weekend. I really don't want to see Norman getting extended time, but it's looking more and more likely. Hopefully our guys are cleared. 

1 hour ago, GW21 said:

I was saying the Cowboys before, but honestly at this point I would say Tampa. 

I want a revenge tour for the playoffs - Cardinals in the Wild Card round, Packers in the Divisional Round, Bucs in the NFC Championship, Titans in the Super Bowl. Let's right some wrongs!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

He ain't playing

Of course not and Shanny is well aware of that regardless of the crap he spews to the media.

The man barely threw after 11 days and probably wasn't able to grip the ball properly nor throw it with grip...And he's going to be out on the field on Sunday against one of the best defenses in the league? Okay then!

No pressure rook.......A loss and the team misses the playoffs in all likelihood lol.

35 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Of course not and Shanny is well aware of that regardless of the crap he spews to the media.

The man barely threw after 11 days and probably wasn't able to grip the ball properly nor throw it with grip...And he's going to be out on the field on Sunday against one of the best defenses in the league? Okay then!

No pressure rook.......A loss and the team misses the playoffs in all likelihood lol.

Actually I take that back. I think Jimmy will get the start and Shanny will then pull him early if he isn't able to be effective but looks like Jimmy will give a good effort to at least try to play on Sunday. 

If Lenoir tested positive today, then he's out for Sunday. I haven't seen a clarification for when he tested positive yet. Tartt and Norman are the last DBs that haven't tested positive yet. 

Also, I hope Huf can play this week. I miss seeing him on the field.

Edited by NinerNation21

16 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Actually I take that back. I think Jimmy will get the start and Shanny will then pull him early if he isn't able to be effective but looks like Jimmy will give a good effort to at least try to play on Sunday. 

That seems like the most likely option. He seems to be throwing the ball with some zip in this video, which is kind of surprising. It will be interesting to see what his pain level is tomorrow morning. 

Also, it's smart for Shanny to not announce the starter until gameday. The gameplan for Lance and Jimmy are drastically different. Lance will attack corners and the boundaries more and Jimmy will attack LBs and safeties in the middle of field. Two totally different game plans to deal with for the Rams. 

I'm sure the Rams will also be planning on dealing with a healthy dose of runs from the Niners. Wouldn't it be funny if we came out pushing the ball downfield to totally throw them off their game? 

24 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

If Lenoir tested positive today, then he's out for Sunday. I haven't seen a clarification for when he tested positive yet. Tartt and Norman are the last DBs that haven't tested positive yet. 

Also, I hope Huf can play this week. I miss seeing him on the field.

Pretty sure Lenoir is vaccinated? If he's vaccinated, he can get back in 24 hours. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Pretty sure Lenoir is vaccinated? If he's vaccinated, he can get back in 24 hours. 

Oh, good. I feel pretty good about getting Thomas, Ward, Johnson, and Williams back in time for the game. I hope Moseley can go as well. Luckily, everyone but Thomas can go the whole week without practice and not skip a beat. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I thought you have to sit out 5 days regardless? I mean the rest of the players are also vaccinated and they aren't back yet. 

Part of the new guidelines

On Thursday, the NFL announced that vaccinated players and staff who are asymptomatic for at least 24 hours can return as soon as the day after their initial positive test from one of the league‘s three options outlined in the memo.