2022 Bills Offseason Outlook

soflbillsfan

7 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I’m just telling you the Bills philosophy on it. For what it’s worth, I disagree that an elite DE would have made a difference against KC. Coaching lost it for us that day. 

We had finger tips on Mahomes 4-5 times that game and he got away. I think alot of Rousseau pressures will turn into sacks.

I've said it before, I see 10+ sacks from Rousseau this season 

39 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I’m just telling you the Bills philosophy on it. For what it’s worth, I disagree that an elite DE would have made a difference against KC. Coaching lost it for us that day. 

I think it was a bit of both. Mahomes had all day to throw and when he couldnt find anyone he ran the ball and the edge rushers were no where near him. Cincy brought the heat with their edge and you can see mahomes was uncomfortable. This is what we need to do. If Rousseau pans out great but having 2 guys allowing constant pressure that is great. You cant tell me that its acceptable of the 5 DE we ran with this entire year we only came away with 19 sacks. Not to mention how much it cost to have hughes and addison be a part of that. Just find it frustrating to see other teams have a legit pass rusher while we have struggled to find them since the schwartz days. 

32 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

I think it was a bit of both. Mahomes had all day to throw and when he couldnt find anyone he ran the ball and the edge rushers were no where near him. Cincy brought the heat with their edge and you can see mahomes was uncomfortable. This is what we need to do. If Rousseau pans out great but having 2 guys allowing constant pressure that is great. You cant tell me that its acceptable of the 5 DE we ran with this entire year we only came away with 19 sacks. Not to mention how much it cost to have hughes and addison be a part of that. Just find it frustrating to see other teams have a legit pass rusher while we have struggled to find them since the schwartz days. 

Mahomes didn’t have all day. The bills got more pressure than the Bengals did. He was in God mode and was able to escape more often than he did against Cincinnati. Part of that is because the Bengals dropped eight in the coverage almost exclusively the second half, something the bills rarely do for whatever reason and didn’t at all in the final drive.

Outside of the last few minutes and of course overtime the defense actually played fairly well. The bills should have won that game with better coaching decisions on every side of the ball  absolutely would have.

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

We had finger tips on Mahomes 4-5 times that game and he got away. I think alot of Rousseau pressures will turn into sacks.

I've said it before, I see 10+ sacks from Rousseau this season 

I think Rousseau can get there. Mahomes was Godly that night, the same way Josh Allen is. No matter how good your DEs are, guys like that just find a way to escape and make plays 

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I think Rousseau can get there. Mahomes was Godly that night, the same way Josh Allen is. No matter how good your DEs are, guys like that just find a way to escape and make plays 

Rousseau had a very very good rookie year people just expect too much from these kids too early. DE is fine, what lost us that game more than anything else was losing Tre.

10 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Rousseau had a very very good rookie year people just expect too much from these kids too early. DE is fine, what lost us that game more than anything else was losing Tre.

That was the only game Tre White absence was noticed for me 

27 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Should we look at him since his price tag would only be 1.3 mil which is practically vet min and next year 1.6 mil. Cheap 2 year deal for a wr and this wouldnt prevent them from drafting one too?

I’d still prefer to draft a WR early and have 4 or 5 years at controlled cost. 

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I’d still prefer to draft a WR early and have 4 or 5 years at controlled cost. 

I think you still do with an early pick and then use a late one to trade for him. Bills really only have 3 on the roster and 2 playing special teams. Jake Kumrow and Stevenson arent necessarily locks this year. Mckenzie davis and diggs are the only true wr they should look to bring in a couple of WR. This is kind of outside the box and appeal is his cheap contract and I could see a late rd pick being given for him. 

11 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

I think you still do with an early pick and then use a late one to trade for him. Bills really only have 3 on the roster and 2 playing special teams. Jake Kumrow and Stevenson arent necessarily locks this year. Mckenzie davis and diggs are the only true wr they should look to bring in a couple of WR. This is kind of outside the box and appeal is his cheap contract and I could see a late rd pick being given for him. 

I’d still prefer someone else. And Beasley ain’t gone yet. Who knows what happens there. 

5 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I’d still prefer someone else. And Beasley ain’t gone yet. Who knows what happens there. 

Im going under the assumption he is since he isnt willing to take a restructure and looking for a trade. Based on what these average wr are making it may be a financial steal for one team to find a consistent slot wr like beasley is. They are younger but in no way am i paying zay jones 10 mil per year we saw what he did in buffalo and even at 32 years old beasley is a better option imo. I thought it would have been best to extend him to reduce his cap but it seems like beane wasnt looking at it that way and wanted a flat pay cut for him.