2022 Bills Offseason Outlook

soflbillsfan

4 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Schoen also interviewing for Giants GM Job. If he lands a GM job does Daboll go with him as their HC? Judge isn't locked in and I doubt he would take a GM job with a lame duck HC. Then you dive in even deeper and see Daboll bring Trubisky to compete against Jones and he knows his system. 

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. That would be a good pairing too. 

12 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I hope they dont go after one in the draft. I saw that the jets cut Shaq lawson on Saturday and apparently beane is interested. Wouldnt hate the idea that once he does unclaimed to sign him to the psqaud then add him to the roster next year but I dont see him as the answer however it would be a nice depth add since we rotate so much and he can fill in for hughes or addison spot. Not a big fan of bringing Addison back at 35 years old.

Would love to bring Lawson back to the PS. He'd be great insurance. Addison certainly doesn't look his age right now. The rotational role they have him in seems to be working. On a low cost deal I'd be a fan to at least bring him to camp. 

6 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Has Singletary recent play pushed out draft need on a RB down ?

I have our draft needs currently ranked

OL, DT, CB, RB, WR 

I think so. Id have WR ahead of RB regardless. But that's just me. The Bills are a passing team and Diggs is the only WR I trust 100% going into next year. The rest have question marks about age, injuries, inconsistency etc. I'd love to add another weapon on a cheap 4-5 year deal.

On 1/9/2022 at 7:22 PM, Trentwannabe said:

It has nothing to do with vax.

he’s a shell of himself and cost way too much. Lower his cap number then sure keep him. But the Bills could get Mackenzie and another WR for that price 

It's 2022 slot guys grow on freaking trees, you can get one and draft one for basically nothing, I see zero reason to retain Beasley at this point unless he agrees to essentially play for league minimum. The dude overperformed last year and his numbers before that are not that impressive relative to his value added, you can get that for cheaper that he is RN and I think if you gamble correctly you can upgrade it pretty substantively. 

10 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I dont get the appeal of the dolphins job for him. They pretty much fired him after being there 1 year awhile back as OC. With the randomness of firing a HC after having two winning seasons, and a QB that is literally the complete opposite to Allen what screams "I must have this job". Their GM has say essentially on everything and it seems to be toxic there. The players went to bat for Flores and there was no reason other then him and the GM butting heads over player personnel. Daboll needs to just walk away from that interview. Bears has a good defense, and fields could have some upside, but hard to get things going when you dont have a 1st rd pick. 

46 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

I dont get the appeal of the dolphins job for him. They pretty much fired him after being there 1 year awhile back as OC. With the randomness of firing a HC after having two winning seasons, and a QB that is literally the complete opposite to Allen what screams "I must have this job". Their GM has say essentially on everything and it seems to be toxic there. The players went to bat for Flores and there was no reason other then him and the GM butting heads over player personnel. Daboll needs to just walk away from that interview. Bears has a good defense, and fields could have some upside, but hard to get things going when you dont have a 1st rd pick. 

For Daboll it probably comes down to Tua. He had him at Alabama. If he believes he is or can be a franchise QB then it would make sense to be interested in the job. 

17 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

For Daboll it probably comes down to Tua. He had him at Alabama. If he believes he is or can be a franchise QB then it would make sense to be interested in the job. 

Yea alabama is a machine and Saban gets the most out of his players. Maybe Daboll sees something in him but I cant buy in to their QBs. As you can see before Tua and after tua they still make it to a National Championship. It is a system of players more so then a unique talent at Qb which is why I think Mac is on the same level. 

Honestly I dont even think Grier views Tua as their franchise guy. They can throw Flores under the bus and say he was the one who didnt want him and all but the fact still remains that GM Grier and Ross were on the phone several times through out the draft process, offseason leading up to the season, all the way up to the trade deadline. The owner even tried having watson pay off the women so he can get cleared from it. If an organization is that adamant on being connected to another qb on a different team just shows how much they believe in Tua. 

I hope for Daboll's sake he just waits it out until the right job comes along as he does deserve a shot along with Frazier. Miami and Jacksonville right now are showing dysfunction in the front office and ownership it would be risky and could end your chances of being a long term HC. At least with Denver the GM is one year in to it and then Bears starting fresh both could be ideal for either of them.

With Bates stepping in as the LG spot I think Feliciano is falling out of favor with the offense and Williams continues to be the RG. Based on this I would assume the bills would be more then willing to move on from Feliciano then williams right now in order to clear some cap. 

Also like the idea of bringing in BJ Hill from Cincy, solid run stuffing DT,  I cant imagine his cost being high and will fit in nice in the rotation that McD sets up.

59 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Bills will have plenty of in house options to replace him if needed. Too bad we lost Dan Morgan to the same position last year. 

Expect it would be either Terrance Gray or Brian Gaine.. A couple years ago Gray was always by Beane's side when they showed the college pro days, so I assume he is close to him and has done fairly well as he has been promoted up to Assistant Player Personnel over the years he has been in Buffalo. Gaine seemed to be the AGM then took the Houston gig which ended up being a 1 year hiatus.