2022 Bills Offseason Outlook

soflbillsfan

Would AJ Green be a nice addition on a year deal with Sanders retiring and Davis stepping in to a bigger role, I think he would come in a reasonable deal and would add veteran depth. He was healthy all year with Cardinals and maybe looking to get a better shot at a ring with Arizona melting down once again he may look else where.

Sure looks like the Bills are losing Joe Schoen and likely Daboll.

Ive seen Bob Babich rumoured in IND as a DC if they lose Eberflus. 

Ken Dorsey is being brought up a lot but I think it’s safe to assume he’s our next OC baring something unforeseen.

Frazier has interviews lined up for Miami and Chicago. Bills have internal candidates to replace him if needed in John Butler, Bobby Babich and Eric Washington. 

18 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Sure looks like the Bills are losing Joe Schoen and likely Daboll.

Ive seen Bob Babich rumoured in IND as a DC if they lose Eberflus. 

Ken Dorsey is being brought up a lot but I think it’s safe to assume he’s our next OC baring something unforeseen.

Frazier has interviews lined up for Miami and Chicago. Bills have internal candidates to replace him if needed in John Butler, Bobby Babich and Eric Washington. 

Really not worried overmuch about losing Daboll given I think Dorsey is the primary driver of Allen's explosive growth and I think he'll be a fine OC given how well they know each others tendencies and the roster here. Best of luck to him and Schoen in NY but that is one massive hill to climb. We'll see about Leslie, I'd hate to lose him far more since I think he and McD are just totally on the same wavelength and the players love him.

20 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Really not worried overmuch about losing Daboll given I think Dorsey is the primary driver of Allen's explosive growth and I think he'll be a fine OC given how well they know each others tendencies and the roster here. Best of luck to him and Schoen in NY but that is one massive hill to climb. We'll see about Leslie, I'd hate to lose him far more since I think he and McD are just totally on the same wavelength and the players love him.

The concern with Dorsey or any new OC is the learning on the job aspect and getting a team into Rhythm. People can’t fault Daboll all they want but this team has finished 2nd and 3rd in scoring the last years. A new play caller means there will be definite growing pains. 

2 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

If we lose Daboll I'm good promoting Ken Dorsey to OC

If we lose Frazier I'd like to replace him from the outside.. Maybe Brian Flores as a excellent DC signing.

Maybe Flores would like to stick it to Miami for the next few seasons 

Dorsey will certainly be the favourite but by rule we’ll have to interview elsewhere as well. I imagine Hall, Boras and Bobby Johnson all interview as well. Outside guys I think McDermott would consider and knows well are Doug Peterson, James Urban and Duce Stayley

I think Flores ends up a HC again. If the Bills do go outside then Steve Wilkes and Mike Caldwell are names I could see. If he stays in house the. I expect either John Butler or Eric Washington 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

So calling a QB draw with no time outs remaining and .16 seconds on the clock? Woof 😜

I still defend the call. Dak didn’t execute it right. He should’ve slid earlier. I’d rather have one shot from the 25 or so than two from closer to midfield.

10 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

I still defend the call. Dak didn’t execute it right. He should’ve slid earlier. I’d rather have one shot from the 25 or so than two from closer to midfield.

Im taking 2 or 3 shots from 40 rather than 1 shot from 25. Play the odds and give yourself as many chances as possible. Either way it would be a prayer. Might as well give yourself multiple chances. And not risk a miscalculation lining up to spike ball.

23 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

If we lose Daboll I'm good promoting Ken Dorsey to OC

If we lose Frazier I'd like to replace him from the outside.. Maybe Brian Flores as a excellent DC signing.

Maybe Flores would like to stick it to Miami for the next few seasons 

Flores and McD have two completely different styles/philosophies of defense and it wouldn't make sense for flores to join bills. If for some reason he doesnt get a HC job he would partner up with an offensive mind hc not a defensive mind hc as those give him the best chance of getting a hc job sooner. Like they would promote Dorsey they would likely promote babich or butler as dc over going outside as they know McDs system and would be seamless transition as it is still McDs defense even though Frazer makes the play calling during gameday

2 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Im taking 2 or 3 shots from 40 rather than 1 shot from 25. Play the odds and give yourself as many chances as possible. Either way it would be a prayer. Might as well give yourself multiple chances. And not risk a miscalculation lining up to spike ball.

If we play the odds you’re more likely to hit once from the 25 than 2 from 40+. Imo.