2022 Bills Offseason Outlook

soflbillsfan

23 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

If we play the odds you’re more likely to hit once from the 25 than 2 from 40+. Imo.

I think normally that would be the case but when everyone in the defense is in endzone on final play i dont think the extra yardage helps in that situation.

And for all we know 49ers could have played the sideline with the extra play and a player could get past the defense. With the extra yardage the team knew next shot would be in endzone and they wouldnt have to defend the sideline pass.

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Only a matter of time before we started losing coaches and front office personal. Super happy for him 

I think the smart move is to get daboll and that means dorsey will likely be new OC the only concern I have is daboll tries taking babich or butler on defense. I would be surprised if he goes with another HC just simply because their relationship with each other and knowing the chemistry would be much stronger then other candidates.

54 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

I think the smart move is to get daboll and that means dorsey will likely be new OC the only concern I have is daboll tries taking babich or butler on defense. I would be surprised if he goes with another HC just simply because their relationship with each other and knowing the chemistry would be much stronger then other candidates.

I think the only guys Daboll takes if he leaves will be Shea Tierny, Ryan Wendell (Bama and NE connection) and maybe Rob Boras as OC in title only (Schoen connection too)

I bet his DC is either Kacey Rodgers or Flores if he doesn’t land a HC gig elsewhere 

edit: I completely forgot about Patrick Graham. The current Giants DC who was in NE with Daboll too

On 1/21/2022 at 2:11 PM, Trentwannabe said:

I think the only guys Daboll takes if he leaves will be Shea Tierny, Ryan Wendell (Bama and NE connection) and maybe Rob Boras as OC in title only (Schoen connection too)

I bet his DC is either Kacey Rodgers or Flores if he doesn’t land a HC gig elsewhere 

edit: I completely forgot about Patrick Graham. The current Giants DC who was in NE with Daboll too

Flores and Daboll is best case scenario for them in my opinion. NE never really had a true DC for the past few years so Flores never really had the DC title. While its a demotion by going to Coordinator it will allow him to regroup and build a defense while looking at another opportunity to be a hc in a couple of years. He will also be talked about in future job openings so the exposure will be there and it would definitely be beneficial to upgrade a bad defense with Giants while Daboll finds a way of improving the offense

Safe to assume Daboll is gone. I bet Shea Tierny and Ryan Wendell go with him. Maybe Chad Hall as OC in title?

Ken Dorsey is the in house favourite to replace him but the Bills should and will have to interview elsewhere as well. As long as it’s an OC that understands the team goes through Allen and can find ways to get Diggs the ball, I’m happy. 

Defensively, I think they should move on from Frazier. I highly doubt it happens unless he’s hired away though. I didn’t like the Eric Washington hire when it happened and now more then ever don’t like him. Bob Babich is another guy who doesn’t do it for me. Felt like our LBs regressed this season. Edmunds is not the difference maker he should be and he is still so slow at Recognizing anything. Babich is an old school coach from a different area. 

I think John Butler is our best coach and I hope we don’t lose him. Wallace and Jackson played pretty well down the stretch and made some plays. The soft coverage is from a schematic standpoint and I don’t put that on them. 

Given the pitiful display of tackling we put on in every big game we played this year you can't bring back these defensive guys that's ridiculous. We've invested a TON of assets into this defense and it still has the exact same issues, now either we just flat out cannot draft DL or there is a systemic coaching issue at that position which causes everything else to cascade.

I hope Leslie Frazier gets a HC job and we get someone like Vic Fangio in to run our defense

Not sure what to do with Tremaine Edmunds. I dont think hes a bad overall LB but his bad games and really, really bad. 

Defensively our priorities should be

- New DC

- CB upgrade

- LB Upgrade 

Offensively were gonna be good, I still think we keep Beasley and only release him if he doesnt restructure. Emmanuel Sanders is all but gone. I'd like to keep Isaiah McKenzie. I like us rolling into next year with Diggs, Davis, Beasley, McKenzie, Singletary and Knox

Our offensive priorities should be 

- Upgrade the OL (free agency)

- Add a TE

- Add depth WR ( preferably draft) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I hope Leslie Frazier gets a HC job and we get someone like Vic Fangio in to run our defense

Not sure what to do with Tremaine Edmunds. I dont think hes a bad overall LB but his bad games and really, really bad. 

Defensively our priorities should be

- New DC

- CB upgrade

- LB Upgrade 

Offensively were gonna be good, I still think we keep Beasley and only release him if he doesnt restructure. Emmanuel Sanders is all but gone. I'd like to keep Isaiah McKenzie. I like us rolling into next year with Diggs, Davis, Beasley, McKenzie, Singletary and Knox

Our offensive priorities should be 

- Upgrade the OL (free agency)

- Add a TE

- Add depth WR ( preferably draft) 

Agree about Edmunds. Bills could do much worse but man when he wiffs it’s big and he’s just not good against the run. 

I think CB is definitely the biggest need. Even if Wallace is back we just don’t know how White will play coming back from an ACL.

Im more inclined to upgrade the OL in the draft. At least a potential long term answer at C and a guy who can potentially start at Guard as a rookie (similar to Eric Wood)

11 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

It's pretty obvious at this point we're not going to do any significant restructuring on the defensive side.

Which means Allen is going to have to be superhuman again and we're going to have to figure out how to get homefield.

Meh. We're a powerhouse offensively when we're on point (this is the biggie if we want homefield next year; no more JAX type of performances out of the O!).

The defense is pretty good, but like many pretty good defenses- they get exposed when they're on the field a lot against an elite offense. We've done it to plenty of good defenses, too. 

I just don't see a quick fix with the cap situation, but Beane is a wizard when it comes to contracts, so perhaps he can  get an impact player for us. I'm expecting more depth moves, though.

I wish we could bring in an elite pass rusher, but those are very hard to come by and rarely ever available via trade. If one hits FA you have to pay out the *** to sign them. We just need to hope Rousseau can take a big step next year. Tre coming back will help a lot. Also, if we can find a way to rid Star's contract, and fill his role with someone who is actually on the field- that'd be nice. Big, run stuffing DTs aren't usually too expensive. 

So, we were a legit contender this year with a similar makeup of the team. I'm really hoping we can shore up the interior of the offensive line. Definitely need a 1b option to share the load with Singeltary. Restructuring Beasley's contract is an option to help us save on cap. I just want to focus heavily on protecting Allen because if he has time he's going to murder teams, and if we get the interior of the line up-to-par then those RPOs will hit harder.  

We're going to be damn good again...

Edited by WizeGuy