2022 Bills Offseason Outlook

soflbillsfan

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Sweet!!

Solid move I was thinking of him as an OC option and to have him come in is great especially if Dorsey gets the quick jump to HC, brady could easily step in to be the next OC. He is still young but got the Burrow led LSU team to NC a couple of years ago. Just need to find the Oline coach now. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Oooo I love this. I was sad when he wasn’t brought back when Sean came on board. An experienced high quality coach who can get the run game going too

He's a great OL Coach. I was surprised the Rams let him go after 2020. Carberry did a great job this year, so McVay may just have wanted a new voice in the room when it comes to the running game. But Kromer was outstanding for us. Completely turned around the OL in 2017 from one of the worst to one of the best. It was dominant in 2018.

In 2019, it was a disaster, but I can't lay the blame on him. We had a bunch of injuries and young guys starting who didn't seem ready. He got it figured out late in the year by moving guys around and stabilized the unit over the final five or six games. In 2020, the OL was back to being very good. To his credit, he turned Rob Havenstein's career around (Havenstein is a top 5 RT today), developed David Edwards (drafted in the 5th round) and Austin Corbett (acquired for a 5th round pick) into a quality pair of starting OGs, figured out how to get solid play out of Austin Blythe (claimed off waivers), and elevated Rodger Saffold from an above average OG to one of the best OGs in football.

I'll note that he really likes converting OTs to OGs. So keep an eye out for that when drafting. Additionally, he tends to use smaller guys at Center.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

He's a great OL Coach. I was surprised the Rams let him go after 2020. Carberry did a great job this year, so McVay may just have wanted a new voice in the room when it comes to the running game. But Kromer was outstanding for us. Completely turned around the OL in 2017 from one of the worst to one of the best. It was dominant in 2018.

In 2019, it was a disaster, but I can't lay the blame on him. We had a bunch of injuries and young guys starting who didn't seem ready. He got it figured out late in the year by moving guys around and stabilized the unit over the final five or six games. In 2020, the OL was back to being very good. To his credit, he turned Rob Havenstein's career around (Havenstein is a top 5 RT today), developed David Edwards (drafted in the 5th round) and Austin Corbett (acquired for a 5th round pick) into a quality pair of starting OGs, figured out how to get solid play out of Austin Blythe (claimed off waivers), and elevated Rodger Saffold from an above average OG to one of the best OGs in football.

I'll note that he really likes converting OTs to OGs. So keep an eye out for that when drafting. Additionally, he tends to use smaller guys at Center.

Last time he was in Buffalo the Bills lead the league in avg rush yards a game. A lot of that had to do with Greg Roman and Anthony Lynn as well, I'm sure, but adding a coach like this for Dorsey to lean on is very exciting.

Morse definitely fits his mold at C. Will be interesting to see if he can making anything out of Cody Ford who fits the mold of OT to OG. As does Ryan Bates and Daryl Williams. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Last time he was in Buffalo the Bills lead the league in avg rush yards a game. A lot of that had to do with Greg Roman and Anthony Lynn as well, I'm sure, but adding a coach like this for Dorsey to lean on is very exciting.

Morse definitely fits his mold at C. Will be interesting to see if he can making anything out of Cody Ford who fits the mold of OT to OG. As does Ryan Bates and Daryl Williams. 

You think Ford is worth keeping around even if Beane can find a trade partner? I would hate to keep a guy we already know is incapable of being on the field and causing Allen to get sacked, hurt or penalized.